BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Last set of numbers for today
BG 4.6 Ketones 3.4
Slowly edging towards the magic GKI Of 1.0
Felt fine mostly.. done a bit of gardening... picked up the car from the garage ..watered the new turf.. slight hunger around 6 pm so had a glug of cream.
Today have has 3 jasmine teas with a sprinkle of salt in each 3 coffees and a glug of cream so about 80ml in total with one cup of tea with lactofree milk
have a 94% fat 3.1% carb 2.7% protein ratio excited to see what tomorrow's weigh-in will bring.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Rab, if Leanne's team think there is the chance she could be T1, it's important she's testing bloods and can also test ketones.
Yes, I understand that which makes me think they are thinking its type 1........

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
OK here we go for the evening.

I didnt get training I was so sore from last night. Im blaming @bulkbiker for that he mentioned it, and it happened.
Busy day both work vehicles flat batteries, then had to tow the dive spread halfway round the country to get ready for tomorrow.

As for the fasting actually felt hungry for the past hour or so. Thats unusual for me, but, hey ho thats the way it go!

FBG 3.7
Ketones 5.6

They say a picture paints a thousand words............. or a PDF?

Attachments

• IMG-5468.pdf
    712.6 KB · Views: 332
Reactions: jasmindesylva

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I didnt get training I was so sore from last night. Im blaming @bulkbiker for that he mentioned it, and it happened.
Busy day both work vehicles flat batteries, then had to tow the dive spread halfway round the country to get ready for tomorrow.

As for the fasting actually felt hungry for the past hour or so. Thats unusual for me, but, hey ho thats the way it go!

FBG 3.7
Ketones 5.6

Sorry mate about the aches and pains.. but wow look at those ketones..! you're a fat burning monster...

Reactions: rom35 and ianpspurs

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Im in ireland
Im in N Ireland..... you need to chat with your GP and find out whats happening with you re: T1 or T2. It really is important. The sooner you find out the sooner you can make plans to help yourself. Im sure you know this already.

LeanneSpain.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Im in N Ireland..... you need to chat with your GP and find out whats happening with you re: T1 or T2. It really is important. The sooner you find out the sooner you can make plans to help yourself. Im sure you know this already.

Yes I know. Been truthful iv learned more on here than from any doctor or nurse but bak to see my nurse Friday.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening figures:

Still not particularly hungry during the afternoon on but closer to 7pm wa both quite hungry and feeling rather headachey and hot - I wondered if weather was possibly triggering a migraine, so I would have eaten even if I hadn't already planned to do so.
Pre evening meal BG at 20:12 6.0
Ketonix - green (low ketone levels)
Post meal BG at 22:15 6.9
Ketonix - back up to orange (moderate ketones)

(@bulkbiker I doubt if I'll ever get magic matching numbers, so I'll happily settle for my pretty rainbow colour ketones instead! )

Overall about 21 hours total fasting since supper last night. I think if not for that little blip this evening and the fact I've also got food in fridge & a delivery tomorrow that I wasn't able to re-schedule I would have happily carried on fasting tonight.

Robbity

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey All, here comes the Caboose - chugging along.....
Tuesday Info:

BGs
0600 7.3
1030 10.2 That pesky lover:( I meant LIVER:):)
1345 7.7
1745 7.5 ac supper
1945 9.4 2 hr pc

BP 124/70 P86 I had been busy b/4 BP so I'm guessing cause of P being elevated for me

Discouraged but plugging along....pain becoming a real issue, otherwise feel great and OMAD and 24 hr (or thereabouts) fasting is great....Bullet coffee is my new BFF:) Had three today along with tea and water. Will test before bedtime and see if come down at all from the 9.4 NOT LIKING THESE NUMBERS Arrrrrrgh:(

Take it easy everybody and cheeerleaders keep on cheering:) Cheers/L Weight was down 4lbs - I could tell there wasn't as much edema in my legs, so that made me happy:)

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. 56h of fast.
23.5.2018 5:00
BG: 3.9
Ket: 0.9
BP: 123/79
Weight: 90.2 kg (BMI 27.2)
Fat: 24%
Visceral fat: 10
So far so good... Let’s continue. Going to gym for weight lifting and brisk walk.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s so interesting reading through this and I’m picking up lots of tips for when I join in. But what I’m really enjoying is how inclusive this thread is - so many participants with different experiences and different objectives, no competition, just a lot of support and encouragement and everyone’s doing great. Very inspirational.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Morning check in:
Fitbit yesterdays finals:
steps 24843
miles 11.43
calories burned 3878
total exercise time 212 mins

Wednesday 23/05/18 06:30
FBG 3.1
Ketones 1.7

Plans:
Have 2 black coffees
Go for 40 - 45 minute walk
Check emails / IT systems
Short walk maybe
Some weights at home
5 mile walk
Fasting Time: 61 hours

Reactions: jasmindesylva

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all you fabulous fasters out there..
Numbers for this a.m. cos we all love data.. 60 hours fasted

FBG 4.1
Ketones 3.7
Weight 211.2 pounds
Body fat 26.6
Visceral fat 12
BMI 28.6

Hope the sun is shining wherever you are and that you all have a great fasting day :)

FantomPoet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

FBG 3.7
Ketones 5.6

Wow stunning Ketones, I didn't know the meter went that high :woot:

I would love that FBG as well, although I am sat at my desk after a brisk
15miles cycle ride into work and I feel it could be there :) but I'm not
cycling 15 miles back to my meter to find out ;)