Humalin

Kenco1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Am type 2 disabetic just been put on humalin stil taking metaformin and laragitide injection any one else on this. Started humalin at 10 to increase every 3 days is morning blood is above 10 am so far up to 14 guess looking for advice my blood is always high first think anything I can do to reduce. Blood taken before drink or breakfast

D

Deleted Account

It is common to wake with a higher BG: this is called Dawn Phenomenon or Liver Dump.
In order to prepare for the day ahead, our liver dumps a load of glucose into our blood. If our pancreas was working properly, it would response and dump a load of insulin. Unfortunately, with diabetes, the pancreas is not so good. As a result our BG rises.

Take a look around the forum for threads about Dawn Phenomenon and you will find a number of suggestions for reducing the morning reading.

... But it unlikely to have anything to do with the Humalin.

Reactions: Sani Thomas

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi do you have humilyn twice a day I have found increasing my evening dose has made my morning levels a lot better I've been on humilyn and metphormin for nearly 3 years

Kenco1973

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It is common to wake with a higher BG: this is called Dawn Phenomenon or Liver Dump.
In order to prepare for the day ahead, our liver dumps a load of glucose into our blood. If our pancreas was working properly, it would response and dump a load of insulin. Unfortunately, with diabetes, the pancreas is not so good. As a result our BG rises.

Take a look around the forum for threads about Dawn Phenomenon and you will find a number of suggestions for reducing the morning reading.

... But it unlikely to have anything to do with the Humalin.

Wouldn’t the laragitide help that as dn said it’s to help pancreas work better on 1.6 once a day

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It could be you might benefit from an evening dose of humilyn perhaps have a word with your diabetic nurse

Nausicaa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m on humalin I, metformin and gliclazide. I found eating something (small) before bed helps me with my levels in the morning and I don’t get a liver dump (usually!)