Injection in leg, vein?

sofs888

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello I just have myself a novorapid injection so I could have some cake and I did it in my leg, when I pulled the needle out it bled slightly and when I looked a vein on my leg was really prominent right next to where I injected, is this something to be concerned about?! Attached a photo - you can see the puncture mark from needle (one is just a freckle though)

Reactions: Amy Cecilia

sofs888

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is on my thigh
IMG_20180522_144234__01.jpg
IMG_20180522_144228.jpg

D

Deleted Account

You may find the insulin is absorbed a bit faster but it shouldn't be an issue.
I would monitor just to check

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I cant really see any big veins, but more smaller capillaries....

these wee vessels can get nicked all the time when injecting.....you might get a bruise, but nothing to worry about.....

Reactions: Coco_Laur

sofs888

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah thank you both the vein was there after injected but seemed to have gone when I took the photo! Will definitely keep an eye on it but I ate straight away after so should be okay! Thank you again

Reactions: novorapidboi26

sofs888

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone, just a quick update! It's been a few hours since the injection and I've got this horrendous bruise! You can see the line coming off it at the top and to the left and just a bit concerned about it - what do you all think? Has anyone had something similar happen before?
IMG_20180522_171806__01__01.jpg
IMG_20180522_191252__01__01__01.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Ouch! The bruise is just where some blood leaked from the little vessel you stabbed, I wouldn’t worry. One of those “looks worse than it is” things. I regularly get tiny bruises on my stomach from doing just that.

More important, was the cake good?

sofs888

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ouch! The bruise is just where some blood leaked from the little vessel you stabbed, I wouldn’t worry. One of those “looks worse than it is” things. I regularly get tiny bruises on my stomach from doing just that.

More important, was the cake good?
Ah thank you! Yes it was so worth it!!! A housemates birthday and wasn't going to let T1 stop me having some cake!!!

bobbailey

Ive been a type 1 for nearly 60 yrs and have lost count of how many times this has happened to me apart from the bruise and perhaps the need to keep my eye on my blood sugar carefully afterwards have noticed no other problems