Magnificent May Fast!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I read somewhere on this forum that @DCUKMod said she can feel when her liver kicks in. I wonder if she could explain what this feels like?

It's a strange feeling in my throat, Bluetit. It doesn't hurt, or affect my ability to speak, swallow or anything else. It's just a sensation.

I think @andcol can detect his too.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was going post / ask about "external movements", but did not quite know if I was going too far. It could be useful feedback for those reading in the future.
nothing is "too far" on this thread...

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just realised apart from this mornings numbers I have forgotten to test today so just did a quick one.
Just back from Tesco.. a glutton for punishment!
Blood 4.2 ketones 3.7
usually get into the 3's by now so a bit disappointed..must have been the stress of seeing all that food!

Reactions: vanillapie

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey All, great work environment @rab5 !! Although I don't think I would enjoy if rough waters! Hey @Robbity I hope your migrainey feeling goes away - not fun....I think I have the right person! You all definitely don't want me to go into details about "movements":):)

Granddaughter has been admitted to hospital - can't get her fever below 40C - looking into possibility of bacterial cause - strep throat, meningitis, etc......Took bfast over to my daughter this morning, and to give her a hug and let her spill a few tears.....

This fasting is a good thing for me right now as this emotional eater would be stuffing her face in light of all this!! But, bullet coffee, tea and water are holding me just fine:) I can't begin to tell you all what an amazing experience this is for me.....the fasting, not the situation!

Will post later but this morning was BS 7.6 Wt. down 1/2 lb BP 130/74 P82

I think with OMAD I am consuming too many carbs at one sitting, so tonight going to just have my meal and forgo the yogurt and strawberries and see how that goes....I want to see 5's again:(

Have a great day all and keep fasting and cheering:) Cheers/L

Reactions: rab5

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Down to 5.4 as of 6pm so in total, 21 hours of fasting today. 6pm seems to be my 'optimum' FBG so I might consistently start eating at 6pm to avoid eating too many carbs in one sitting and to hopefully avoid liver dumps in the evening.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Just in from work. Will post som numbers soon.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I want to fast but I have to eat wheat....... I am anti fasting and putting on weight

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all fasters. So it’s 72 hours of fast for me. So far so good, but because all parameters (except ketones) are the same (no improvement), I will stop my fast with morning breakfast. It’s first fast of my life and I think it’s enough for the first shot. As the breakfast will be at 8:30, I will have 82 hours in my fast pocket. :rolleyes:

It was pleasure to do it with this community, so supportive! so funny! so inspirative!

So here are the numbers for this third day (first at 5:00 and second at 21:00):

BG: 3.9 4.4
Ket: 0.9 1.3
BP: 123/79 129/77
Weight: 90.2 kg 90,3 kg
Fat: 24% 23,4%
Visceral fat: 10 10
Was in the gym: 4,5 km of brisk walk, my standard weight lifting serie. Only water with salt and around 6 black coffees.

P.S. Sorry for my awful english, after 72 hours of fast I’m too lazy to check each my word and construct against the dictionary. A lot of fasters reports “to be more clever” after fast, but it is not my case :banghead:

@bulkbiker Last question, what meal is the best to end fast? I have plan for mixed eggs with roasted vegetable...

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
134/78
128/74
126/75
Hi all fasters. So it’s 72 hours of fast for me. So far so good, but because all parameters (except ketones) are the same (no improvement), I will stop my fast with morning breakfast. It’s first fast of my life and I think it’s enough for the first shot. As the breakfast will be at 8:30, I will have 82 hours in my fast pocket. :rolleyes:

It was pleasure to do it with this community, so supportive! so funny! so inspirative!

So here are the numbers for this third day (first at 5:00 and second at 21:00):

BG: 3.9 4.4
Ket: 0.9 1.3
BP: 123/79 129/77
Weight: 90.2 kg 90,3 kg
Fat: 24% 23,4%
Visceral fat: 10 10
Was in the gym: 4,5 km of brisk walk, my standard weight lifting serie. Only water with salt and around 6 black coffees.

P.S. Sorry for my awful english, after 72 hours of fast I’m too lazy to check each my word and construct against the dictionary. A lot of fasters reports “to be more clever” after fast, but it is not my case :banghead:

@bulkbiker Last question, what meal is the best to end fast? I have plan for mixed eggs with roasted vegetable...
OUTSTANDING RESULT!

Well done what an effort.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Some numbers from me at 1655 hrs

FBG 4.0
Ketones . 5.3

Thats all folks!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try something light about an hour before the main meal.. maybe just a few nuts or some cheese. If you stick too much in it can have quite bad results sometimes!

Edit to add very well done on your first three day fast!brilliant numbers

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Evening check in:
I had to stop my fast at 12.30 after 66.5 hours - gutted, due to the following 2 blood glucose readings:

20-23.05.18.Low BS.66 Hours.jpg

Clearly my liver had no more glucose to give following my workouts I believe. I am happy in the 3's but this was too low for me (no shakes, but a different head feeling)

I took a chance and still took readings before eating a meal of chicken, low GI vegetables (for the carbs) at 12.30. I then had a dinner at meal at 16:45 (prawns, white fish, radish, half a carrot, followed by a small for me handful of nuts, small amount of cheese, 2 seeded biscuits, small amount of berries and 4 squares of 100% (who said LCHF is restrictive):

Ketones at 12:00 (66 hours of fasting):
20-23.05.18.Ketones.66 Hours.jpg

Wednesday 23/05/18

Plans:
Have 2 black coffees
Go for 40 - 45 minute walk - DID IT
Check emails / IT systems - DID IT
Short walk maybe - Stopped Fast
Some weights at home - Stopped Fast
5 mile walk- DID IT
Fasting Time: 66.5 hours

Final Summary:
Weight - 82.4 Kgs (-2.6 Kgs)
BMI - 25.4 (-0.7)
Body Fat - 10.1 % (-0.8%)
Water - 67.3 % (+0.4)
Muscle Mass - 70.4 Kgs (-1.3 Kgs)
Body Type - 9
Bone Mass - 3.6 Kgs (-0.1 kgs)
Basal M Rate - 2114 kcal (-45 kcal)
Visceral Fat - 5.5 % (-0.5%)
BG @ 20:45 - 5.2 (after 2 meals and walk)
Time Fasting - 66.5 hours

I will post another couple of updates over the next 2 days to see what happens, as it appears due to the hjgh cardio I (as usual for me) I lost muscle mass. I am hoping to keep 1 kg of weight off.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Evening check in:
I had to stop my fast at 12.30 after 66.5 hours - gutted, due to the following 2 blood glucose readings:

View attachment 26689
Clearly my liver had no more glucose to give following my workouts I believe. I am happy in the 3's but this was too low for me (no shakes, but a different head feeling)

I took a chance and still took readings before eating a meal of chicken, low GI vegetables (for the carbs) at 12.30. I then had a dinner at meal at 16:45 (prawns, white fish, radish, half a carrot, followed by a small for me handful of nuts, small amount of cheese, 2 seeded biscuits, small amount of berries and 4 squares of 100% (who said LCHF is restrictive):

View attachment 26690

Wednesday 23/05/18

Plans:
Have 2 black coffees
5 mile walk- DID IT

Final Summary:
BMI - 25.4 (-0.7)
Water - 67.3 % (+0.4)
Body Type - 9

I will post another couple of updates over the next 2 days to see what happens, as it appears due to the hjgh cardio I (as usual for me) lost muscle mass. I am hoping to keep 1 kg of weight off.

Great result.

I think you did the right thing if you were not feeling right. Showed courage to do that. Well done.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening check in:

View attachment 26689

View attachment 26690

Wednesday 23/05/18

Plans:
Have 2 black coffees
5 mile walk- DID IT

Final Summary:
BMI - 25.4 (-0.7)
Water - 67.3 % (+0.4)
Body Type - 9

I will post another couple of updates over the next 2 days to see what happens, as it appears due to the hjgh cardio I (as usual for me) I lost muscle mass. I am hoping to keep 1 kg of weight off.

Looks like you definitely did the right thing but i'll tag in @Aldebaran so she can see that others do get very low BG numbers too.

Reactions: Brunneria