Magnificent May Fast!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
excellent! We are used to comment this BP with this: You can fly to universe...

It doesn’t surprise me!

In one of the Hannibal lectre movies the doctor explains that Hannibal eat the face of the nurse and his heart rate and blood pressure never budged.

Frightening really ha ha ha

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
last Data for this evening.... had a good day at work I was not hungry but kept thinking having something to eat would be good. I am thinking about how Im going to end my fast. I might end it tomorrow but havent decided will see what tomorrows weigh in revelas
So here we go then....

FBG . 4.2
Ketones 7.4

Sleep well people..... If your not in bed by 11:30 pm come on home lol
Ok, I think you are going to need to be dissected and tested medically. I am new to this but your numbers are AMAZING. It appears to me that with your regime, reaction you can drop weight if needed at will.

Reactions: rab5

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi all fasters. 24.5.2018 5:00 am - 80 hours of fasting. As announced, I’ll end today. But because of ketones elevation to 3.0 (at last!) I am thinking to prolongue it. We’ll have today management party/discussion with reception, it is a question I will resist all the meal which will be there :)

Numbers:
BG: 3.5 (normally I have FBG around 5.2)
Ketones: 3.0 !!! at last... yesterday evening 1.3
BP: 127/77
WGHT: 89.8 kg (BMI 27.1) -3.7 kg
Fat: 23.8 (-2%)
Visceral fat: 10 (-1)
Can I ask if you have been exercising during this period -3.7 Kgs !

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Some data for you fine folks:
Fasted:- 3 Days :11 hrs :45 mins......83hrs45ins?
FBG 3.6
Ketones 5.1
Weight 72.35kg - 11st-5.5lbs - 159.5 lbs
Body Fat 16.7
Visceral Fat 8.0
BMI 22.3

I am buzzing at the minute I feel really good. This happened before and lasted quite a few hours, hopefully the same thing happens again. I was thinking of ending the fast sometime today but will reconsider later in the day. Unlike @bulkbiker I have no intention of eating a very close family member to break my fast.

As an aside I have been looking at all things ketones:

Just for info from what I have gleaned...
Nutritional ketosis probably starts as low as 0.3-0.5

Just my opinion from what I have read

How does the man that drives the snow plough get to work.
I agree about the Ketosis numbers starting around 0.3, I know Steve Phinney recently adjusted his position to around this area from 0.5, as far as I am concerned he is one of the authorities in this area with the amount of testing / client's / time he has been looking at this.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree about the Ketosis numbers starting around 0.3, I know Steve Phinney recently adjusted his position to around this area from 0.5, as far as I am concerned he is one of the authorities in this area with the amount of testing / client's / time he has been looking at this.

I have been as low as 0.3 recently (although still using my out of date test strips so figures might be a bit dodgy) but am pretty sure I was still in ketosis. Well lets say I hadn't eaten anything non keto..

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Ok, I think you are going to need to be dissected and tested medically. I am new to this but your numbers are AMAZING. It appears to me that with your regime, reaction you can drop weight if needed at will.

I have always been able to drop weight. But I have always been able to put it on!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse

I like Phinney but his reaction to fasting seems a bit out there.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks mate, I am quite stubborn, so thought about styling it out, as I had only seen lows like that with my Freestyle Libre (always reads low with me for some reason); so after verifying on a second meter it was game over for me.
My Libre is another low reader - if I believed all it told me I'd have well and truly non-diabetic HbA1c! :wideyed:

Robbity

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early afternoon test

BG 4.5 much the same as usual
Ketones 5.5

highest so far and just to see if ketones meters are as flaky as BG meters I used a second strip and got 5.2 so looks like I have got to the margin GKI of over 1.0. What that exactly means I have no idea but hey its a marker of something...

Reactions: rom35 and rab5

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Early afternoon test

Ketones 5.5

highest so far and just to see if ketones meters are as flaky as BG meters I used a second strip and got 5.2 so looks like I have got to the margin GKI of over 1.0. What that exactly means I have no idea but hey its a marker of something...

Now your cooking

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Early afternoon test

Ketones 5.5

I think it probably means you're into starvation ketosis, but I wouldn't wager the whole farm on that.

Reactions: dbr10

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all fasters. I’ve prolonged my fast till now - 95 hours. No parameter changed except Fat: morning 23.8 now 21.6. I have changed to fat burning machine :) But I have to stop now as my brain is not working any more and I need it for my work. So I’m stopping now. It was pleasure - will see you next month!

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
I think it probably means you're into starvation ketosis, but I wouldn't wager the whole farm on that.
I just listened to Megan Ramos ( Dr Fungs' second in command for want of a better title) talking about that very subject. To paraphrase her she stated the following:-

That ketones tend to rise and spike then fall... she herself has reached 8.0. She stated that she felt great and if you are in the same position there is nothing worry about (unless your type 1 ). She also said that it is a sign that your body is in ketosis but is still working out what to do with the ketones, but that it will work with them and they should lower. However she did emphasise that high ketones are not something to worry about.

Reactions: rom35

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hey All, great results to all of you doing the extended fasts! I'm happy with doing the 24 hour ones - daily. Body doesn't seem to be too happy with it as liver dumping like crazy.....8s. 9s, and even 10.....but with all that is going on, shouldn't be too surprised I guess.

I'm thinking that a window of eating would be better that OMAD, say from 1400 - 1800 so I am not eating too many carbs at once, although I am usually below 30gm these days....I do know now that I can go without eating by the clock like the Hubby does:) He thinks it all a bit odd, but "whatever floats your boat"!:)

BP is great - 118/60 P72 Wt leveled out at 5lb loss

Not much more to add. Cheers/L