Apple Watch and LibreLink

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,
I’ve got an Apple Watch series 3 and iPhone 7. Just exploring the best way to get Libre data displaying on my watch.
I know there’s some old posts about this but wanted to see if blucon nightrider transmitter is still the best way to do this?
Thank you

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi all,
I’ve got an Apple Watch series 3 and iPhone 7. Just exploring the best way to get Libre data displaying on my watch.
I know there’s some old posts about this but wanted to see if blucon nightrider transmitter is still the best way to do this?
Thank you

I've only used blucon in an android context with xDrip+, and a Fossil androidwear watch, and that certainly works pretty well.

If you're talking ios and apple, I've not used those, but it seems that blucon works with Spike, which is designed for ios, but I don't know what level of watch integration it has.

https://spike-app.com

@Mel dCP recently posted that she had installed Spike but was waiting to order her blucon - Mel, any chance of posting some screengrabs of Spike's watch integration pages?

In passing, it seems that Ambrosia has recently redesigned blucon to make a waterproof version at $165, compared to the non-waterproof one at $110. It's an option on their order page. Haven't tried it, and haven't read any reviews, no idea how waterproof it actually is.

Apart from blucon, there's another libre transmitter recently popped it's head up, miaomiao, which is advertised as compatible with both the android xDrip+ and the ios Spike:

https://www.miaomiao.cool

It got a good write up on a T1 facebook site but the reviewer had only been using it for a couple of days.

There's a lengthy and very technical thread at link below between the makers and the xdrip developers trying to iron out some technical issues. I've not used miaomiao myself, I'll probably buy one at some point out of curiosity, but the impression I was getting from the thread was that it was still a work in progress, so might be glitchy in the real world. Unlike blucon which is slapped right on top of libre, miaomiao is separate and hovers over libre, and there seemed to be a bit in the thread which suggested the "air gap" between the two made a difference. A simple thing like that is the sort of basic thing which might screw it up in the real world.

https://gitter.im/miaomiaoSDK/Lobby

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I've only used blucon in an android context with xDrip+, and a Fossil androidwear watch, and that certainly works pretty well.

If you're talking ios and apple, I've not used those, but it seems that blucon works with Spike, which is designed for ios, but I don't know what level of watch integration it has.

https://spike-app.com

@Mel dCP recently posted that she had installed Spike but was waiting to order her blucon - Mel, any chance of posting some screengrabs of Spike's watch integration pages?

In passing, it seems that Ambrosia has recently redesigned blucon to make a waterproof version at $165, compared to the non-waterproof one at $110. It's an option on their order page. Haven't tried it, and haven't read any reviews, no idea how waterproof it actually is.

Apart from blucon, there's another libre transmitter recently popped it's head up, miaomiao, which is advertised as compatible with both the android xDrip+ and the ios Spike:

https://www.miaomiao.cool

It got a good write up on a T1 facebook site but the reviewer had only been using it for a couple of days.

There's a lengthy and very technical thread at link below between the makers and the xdrip developers trying to iron out some technical issues. I've not used miaomiao myself, I'll probably buy one at some point out of curiosity, but the impression I was getting from the thread was that it was still a work in progress, so might be glitchy in the real world. Unlike blucon which is slapped right on top of libre, miaomiao is separate and hovers over libre, and there seemed to be a bit in the thread which suggested the "air gap" between the two made a difference. A simple thing like that is the sort of basic thing which might screw it up in the real world.

https://gitter.im/miaomiaoSDK/Lobby
Yup, I can do that. Just getting dinner ready for imminent arrival of husband, it’s our wedding anniversary today, so probably won’t be able to do it until tomorrow now though :)

In other news, I appear to have fixed my Pebble, I have a CGM watchface downloaded in anticipation! Just need to wait for the magic money tree to bear some fruit so I can order the Bluecon!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Yup, I can do that. Just getting dinner ready for imminent arrival of husband, it’s our wedding anniversary today, so probably won’t be able to do it until tomorrow now though :)

In other news, I appear to have fixed my Pebble, I have a CGM watchface downloaded in anticipation! Just need to wait for the magic money tree to bear some fruit so I can order the Bluecon!

Congrats, Mel!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dinner in hand, hope this is the right blurb.

AC888B2B-A975-41F4-8AE1-0C06F55E0AA5.jpeg
43B9EA09-0C19-498C-BB3F-CAE693BED2EB.jpeg
C9CA2B56-163B-49CC-B053-B2DB69810944.jpeg
D2006EF2-2F21-4122-ACFA-762F6A7096AA.jpeg
0A08F862-E42D-4106-A75F-568C5A6348E3.jpeg
5F3E8966-2BA0-4025-AA28-38AA6C31A99D.jpeg

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Holy mother of god, @Mel dCP , how can women multi-task like that!?!

It looks more complicated than the xdrip pebble implementation, which involves clicking a button and it displaying "BAZINGA" if it's worked!

Away and celebrate your nuptials now!

Screenshot_2018-05-22-20-16-08.png

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow!
Thank you so much @Scott-C and @Mel dCP
I’ve had the Miao Miao recommended by a couple of people so I’m going to continue to look into it.
Thanks so much!

shirleyannco

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
Thank you
I have a iPhone 8+ all I did was download the Libre app and it reads my sensor and keeps a clear record I have found it very easy to use and at 80 that’s not bad

M80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have a iPhone 8+ all I did was download the Libre app and it reads my sensor and keeps a clear record I have found it very easy to use and at 80 that’s not bad

Hello:) I am interested in this, if it is not to complicated, the iphone 8+ is not the watch though is it? Is it possible to do it like this (just download the Libre app) also do you (anyone) know, using the apple watch?

K

Knikki

I don't have a phone from the shiny fruit farm, but basically you down load the app to the phone, then follow the instructions, I think, it is how it worked on the Android, if you don't already have it enabled, the App will require the NFC to be functional once up and ready you should be able to use the phone to scan your sensor.

Having said that, the Sensor does need to be activated by the Libre Reader first and then any other device can be used, I think they all have to be scanned/activated before the 1 hour warm up is completed.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I read this thread with despair. Don't understand the half of it. I would like a CGM but don't have a mobile and don't read instructions at all well and switch off and just skim to the end as I did with quite a lot of the posts. I believe I'll be pricking until I die