4 months in to my lo carb life

BigIain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Carbs
3st 4lb lost and stalling... then this weekend someone sent me a pic they took at a wedding on Saturday.

So here is before and 4 months in.

New motivation now to look even better!
IMG_y06i68.jpg
IMG_a9wzan.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find photos help you to really see the changes - when you look in the mirror,both as you get fatter and thinner, you kind of adjust and don’t see the changes and a fatter photo is sometimes what kick starts a diet! Well done you - you are really transformed. Weight loss does plateau but I generally found that even when it did my measurements re waist etc were still on the downward trend and while I needed to lose weight it did start again after short stalls. You just need to keep going.
I’m now nine months on this way of eating and on maintenance having achieved the loss I needed and wouldn’t change how I eat - it keeps my bgs where I want them to be and also stable weight wise plus I love what I’m eating much much more than when eating the low fat high carb way.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow that's some change Ian! amazing results well done.
Like me you'll have to think about changing your nickname on the forum to SlimIan..although looking at that maybe not!

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Prem51

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite an impressive change - very well done! But please keep on smiling too - you looked so happy in that first photo! :)

Robbity

Reactions: BigIain

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
A brilliant result. Keep going, your body is just adjusting itself the weight will start o come off again in a while until you reach a weight that you are happy with being.

Reactions: Prem51 and BigIain

DancerOne

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I find photos help you to really see the changes - when you look in the mirror,both as you get fatter and thinner, you kind of adjust and don’t see the changes and a fatter photo is sometimes what kick starts a diet! Well done you - you are really transformed. Weight loss does plateau but I generally found that even when it did my measurements re waist etc were still on the downward trend and while I needed to lose weight it did start again after short stalls. You just need to keep going.
I’m now nine months on this way of eating and on maintenance having achieved the loss I needed and wouldn’t change how I eat - it keeps my bgs where I want them to be and also stable weight wise plus I love what I’m eating much much more than when eating the low fat high carb way.

Reactions: BigIain