Dammit, Lo-Dough!

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought some to see what it was like, ate it and decided it wasn't worth the money.
Then when I ran out I kept thinking about tuna sandwiches and peanut butter on toast and bought some more, all the while thinking the texture is rubbish and it's massively over priced.
Now I've ordered a regular delivery, because it's the cheapest way to buy it. I still think it's over priced and not at all like bread but I can't resist the joy of slapping lovely things between two slices of 'bread' and stuffing my face! So quick, so easy, such a brilliant way to eat butter!
Anyone else fallen into the trap?!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry but nope.. best way to eat butter is... slice off piece of butter, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt, transport to mouth with fingers.
Enjoy...

Reactions: Jemz and Bingale1

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry but nope.. best way to eat butter is... slice off piece of butter, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt, transport to mouth with fingers.
Enjoy...

I prefer it between slices of cucumber. I ate 1/2lb of butter and a whole cucumber like this about age 3.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my opinion LivLife low carb bread is a much cheaper and better option - having said that I've stopped buying it as it triggered carb cravings in me and I ate too much of it!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In my opinion LivLife low carb bread is a much cheaper and better option - having said that I've stopped buying it as it triggered carb cravings in me and I ate too much of it!
Never bought the LiviLife but anything bread like has those triggers for me too..

Reactions: eggs11

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's so unlike bread that it hasn't, so far, triggered any cravings in me - except for what I can put inside it!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I get HiLo bread for the occasional slice of toast. Much cheaper than Lo dough and just tastes like a ‘normal’ seeded loaf :hungry:
5g carbs per small slice.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I can’t keep bread (even LivLife) accessible, because I like it too much. Maybe give 90 second bread a try? 30g (2tbsp) almond flour/ground almonds, mixed in a rectangular plastic takeaway container with a beaten egg and plenty of salt and pepper and microwaved for 90 seconds. I usually toast it in a dry pan after it’s cooked to give it a bit of colour and crunch. One (very filling) slab is 3g carbs and keeps me going for hours.

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I love 90 second bread, and I do make it, but I don't find it good for sandwiches. At the moment I'm enjoying being able to load a slice with butter and goodies, fold it in half and eat it. The novelty will run it's course, I'm sure!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I just had to go and make some 90 second bread now. Swines! Was delicious with some goat’s butter and Marmite :p

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mmmmm - my favourite is a lot of butter, then marmite, then peanut butter :)

Reactions: Jemz

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've bought this a few times as it's a lot cheaper than buying low carb bread mixes, and iit tastes fine but feels like I'm chewing a mouthful of rubber bands....:yuck:

Robbity

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've bought this a few times as it's a lot cheaper than buying low carb bread mixes, and iit tastes fine but feels like I'm chewing a mouthful of rubber bands....:yuck:

Robbity
I know what you mean, it has a slightly rubbery texture for want of a better word. But I still love it! Bread seems to be for me like cigarettes are to others, just utterly addictive.

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I’m new to this forum.
I’m sorry but Iv laughed my socks off st this Rubber band stuff.
The 90 second bread sounds easy so I will give it s go.
Iv been recently diagnosed and I’m trying the LCHF at 50g carbs a day.
I tried 100g of Rice today, out of a microwave packet. With some flavouring.
Not to be tried again as I spiked up to 8.9. not good I think.
Would you people think I should try plain white rice. Would it make s lower spike or should I just not eat it at all. Advice please.
Many thanks.

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cauliflower Rice, Wilber123 - some people make it from scratch, but I'm a fantastically lazy cook so I buy it frozen from Iceland. You can microwave it as is and just use as you would rice, or lightly fry it in olive oil or butter with other stuff (I like it with turmeric and mushrooms), and it makes a fairly decent kedgeree too x

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
using lettuce leaves as a bread alternative for sandwiches is lovely, especially with full fat mayo on : )

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I buy LivLife when I can get it, don’t use it for sandwiches but it’s fine as toast. I also enjoy the Iceland cauliflower rice, it’s convenient and no mess, use fresh cauli for mash, depending on size I might make soup and mash at the same time.

Wilber123

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Thank you. Like the idea of the cauliflower rice. And lettuce rolled around something nice.
Weighed this am and already lost 2.5 lb.
also ate Keto porridge. Very nice and filling.
Great to know your all so helpful. Thankyou.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. Like the idea of the cauliflower rice. And lettuce rolled around something nice.
Weighed this am and already lost 2.5 lb.
also ate Keto porridge. Very nice and filling.
Great to know your all so helpful. Thankyou.
slices of cold meat, like ham, also make a good wrapper for sandwich type meals.