Libre Sensors now require a prescription?

Thrill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning folks,

Struggling at the minute, my Libre Sensor has prematurely died and now I have no cover until at least Friday - you don't realise how much you rely on the Libre!

I've spoken with Boots and supposedly, we won't be able to get the Libre sensors without a prescription. I have checked with a local store and there was a message on their system stating the same thing.

oYt3WUr.png

Tesco Pharmacy can get them (just waiting on a call back), but I have had zero joy from Superdrug.

Anyone have any super suppliers who'm offer the sensor at a respectable price?

Thank you all

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been getting mine from Asda (well from the Asda pharmacy) near me, they're £44 from there so not as cheap as Superdrug supposedly is (it'd be a PITA to get to my closest one, and my closest Boots never had them anyway).

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
there appears to be a shift in policy from boots. and superdrug are being rationed .

you can get the latest on what is happening on the Freestyle Libre Facebook user group ( please note it is a closed group so you will need to join and be approved )

paganlady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve just ordered a freestyle libre sensor from Superdrug all they asked was if I was VAT exempt

Reactions: dbr10

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I’ve just ordered a freestyle libre sensor from Superdrug all they asked was if I was VAT exempt
excellent news......i had read they were limiting superdrug stores to 25 sensors per store per month

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
excellent news......i had read they were limiting superdrug stores to 25 sensors per store per month

If that is the case, and if it is the same with Boots, it explains why they are only issuing them to prescription holders.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
If that is the case, and if it is the same with Boots, it explains why they are only issuing them to prescription holders.
i am getting my information from the Facebook UK libre users group and as usual the picture is muddied across the whole UK..........boots have definitely sent an email ( as seen posted above ) , there are reports of superdrug only being issued with 25 sensors per month, but that they continue to sell them over the counter , and the latest from Asda is they are still selling at £44 each. There are also some independant pharmacies dotted about the UK that appear to be selling.
it is totally not clear where Abbott are headed

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you order over the counter? I've been on both Boots' and Superdrug's websites and they don't admit to stocking them ! am panicking as Abbott's website is limiting me to two every 25 days (and that might change !) what might be the alternative options if they are no longer available !