Type 1 Trying to buy the freestyle liner

lorraine c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I live in cornwall the freestyle libra
Is not available on the nhs I am willing to buy it but have been on a waiting list for two months now still nothing is there anything else out their which is similar that I haven’t heard about
Many thanks
Lorraine

D

Deleted Account

Other options are CGMs like DexCom. These are more expensive than Libre which is the only Flash glucose monitor available at the moment.
What waiting list are you on?
Have you tried Boots, Asda, Superdrug? Others seem to have more success buying from shops rather than direct from the manufacturers.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @lorraine c Welcome to the forum,

Agree with Helen, have a ring round all the pharmacies, i'm sure someone can order this in for you, price wise there isn't anything that compares to the libre, it's being sold in Superdrug for £35 currently not sure what the reader cost is though, see if they can order you the starter pack too.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi there. Like you I am trying to purchase libre. I have managed to source sensors from several chemists. The reader as yet I have not had and luck with. I have registered my interest with Abbott and now have to wait till they get back to me.

Good luck with this. Let us know how you get on

colliecub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there. Like you I am trying to purchase libre. I have managed to source sensors from several chemists. The reader as yet I have not had and luck with. I have registered my interest with Abbott and now have to wait till they get back to me.

Good luck with this. Let us know how you get on

there is an app that will read the sensors you dont need to buy the reader

lorraine c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou very much for that I will try the pharmacies the waiting list i am on is
with the manufactures them self .

the libre freestyle company

lorraine c

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi o have tried to download the app on my iPhone 6 and it says not compatible with my phone I am not having any joy with abbot they just say I will have to wait it doesn’t seem fair it’s crazy they can’t cope with demand ,

foxhaven19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have stopped using the Freestyle Libre device because it is NOT a blood Glucose meter and it's just not accurate enough for me.