luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
How about you @luv2spin , Raki, Efes?

Raki (Caution!) - Amongst The Top 10 Ridiculously Strong Drinks - according to the TIME Magazine, also known as “Lion’s Milk” due to its strong alcohol content and its milky white color when mixed with water, is the one of the most popular alcoholic beverages over here, as well as the Efes Lager.

As for me, I have not consumed a drop of intoxicating liquor in my entire life so far but, I am considering of doing it :) and my choice definitely would also be "Single Malt Scotch Whisky", straight, at room temprature, no ice, not even diluted with a couple of drops of water :), once I educate myself on how drinking can impact my body and specifically my blood sugar management and feel confident enough on drinking responsibly with diabetes and how I can drink while staying safe.

The power of community is marvelous and knowing I'm not alone :)

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't
Are you looking for an LC alternative to a favourite tipple? Or a totally different alternative?

I'm more a voddy & D Coke kind of guy...

@Jaylee

My Medical Team's advice about drinking alcohol is not currently safe for me for the time being due to my treatment and medically they are SUPER conservative but, hoping that;

it will soon change and completely okay :)

Everyone likes a social drink!!

My favourite tipple (and, thank you, I have learned a new word) :) ,

so far has been natural spring Water emerging from the heart of snow covered Mountains to the surface through a completely natural journey, occasional glass bottled natural mineral water and of course real fresh milk and it's home made liquid products, like buttermilk drink and Milk Kefir, a fermented milk drink.

I believe voddy has the least carbs, and what better place is there other than a global diabetes community to find that out and to fulfill my curiosity of what other valuable members are having from the bar list :)

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Black filter coffee from Sainsbury's. Ginger and Galangal boiled for 20 minutes (hot or cold) sometimes with chill flakes (If trying this start with small amount). Over night Green Tea in fridge with Rooibos. All sugar free herbal teas except licorice. And water.

Occasional Red Wine (half a bottle put 2 kgs on at Christmas (1.5 Kgs for my wife).

Reactions: luv2spin

JonM1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Malt. Springbank 15 and Hazelburn oloroso 13 are particularly fine at the moment.

Sharing some Laphroaig Quarter Cask in the climbing hut tonight. 25°C empty beaches and exquisite uninhabited island summit views in the Hebrides all day.

Bliss.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Definitely water....it's so very versatile as well as probably being the ultimate in diabetic friendly drinks.

It's generally freely available at the turn of a tap as well as supplied bottled from various exotic and often poetically named sources! I can add coffee, cocoa, tea leaves and herbs, stock cubes, etc, various other flavourings, low carb milks, fizz, or even alcohol, and It can be drunk either cold or hot. What more could a thirsty diabetic ever need??

:D
Robbity

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am assuming you mean 'treat drinks'. But love Robbity's explanation of the wonders of water :).

My favourite t2d-friendly affordable alcoholic beverage is a very dry sparkling. My favourite is sparkling pinot gris, Kiwi of course. (That's Kiwi meaning - from NZ! Not pertaining to the bird or the fruit.)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A lovely cup of tea, I like mine strong and dark, builders ,................... :happy:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Definitely water....it's so very versatile as well as probably being the ultimate in diabetic friendly drinks.

It's generally freely available at the turn of a tap as well as supplied bottled from various exotic and often poetically named sources! I can add coffee, cocoa, tea leaves and herbs, stock cubes, etc, various other flavourings, low carb milks, fizz, or even alcohol, and It can be drunk either cold or hot. What more could a thirsty diabetic ever need??

:D
Robbity

Yes, water is very versatile, especially when it's made into a cup of tea :joyful: or on a hot day with a couple of icec ubes and a slice of lemon or lime :)