Pop socket

ChrisH55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I received 2 new sensors today for my freestyle libre. Also included was a Pop Socket, but no explanation of what it is. All it says is 'you can stick this to the back of your phone'. I phoned Abbots to ask what it was for, the person answering the phone said they did not know and would find out. He then came back and said it was it make it easier to hold your phone. Has anyone received one if these and used it?

D

Deleted Account

Here you go: https://www.popsockets.co.uk/
I guess something to "make it easier to hold your phone" is probably the best description.

I have seen someone use one but have not done so myself: looks as if it would make my phone too chunky to fit in my pocket.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I received 2 new sensors today for my freestyle libre. Also included was a Pop Socket, but no explanation of what it is. All it says is 'you can stick this to the back of your phone'. I phoned Abbots to ask what it was for, the person answering the phone said they did not know and would find out. He then came back and said it was it make it easier to hold your phone. Has anyone received one if these and used it?

My missus put something similar on the back of her phone and instantly regretted it (snigger). As @helensaramay suggested, it was too bulky afterwards.

Seems like one of those products that's a solution looking to cure a fault that doesn't exist.

Gloucestergirl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nightclubs!!
I've just ordered two sensors from Abbot and saw this item on the bottom of the order, no charge and wondered what it was. I can't see me using it. I wonder if the picture on it is an advert for the Libre system and they're hoping it will spread the word for them!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Here you go: https://www.popsockets.co.uk/
I guess something to "make it easier to hold your phone" is probably the best description.

I have seen someone use one but have not done so myself: looks as if it would make my phone too chunky to fit in my pocket.

The carbon fibre design would look great on a camper conversion unit doors... :cool:

But I can only assume that this offer with the Libre might help those with hand dexterity issues, holding the scanner?

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Looks pretty useless to me. After all, if you can't hold your phone you're not very likely to have bought it. Maybe Abbott could try taking the pop socket off the order and reducing the price of the sensors accordingly. (I know it's "free" but it must have cost them something.)
Advertising or are there actually some people who find it useful?

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got one of these yesterday, looks like a useless piece of marketing junk tbh.