What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Yesterday, we had loads of rain. The city was under water. The shopping mall flooded, the roof of a gas station collapsed and up to a meter of water in the streets downtown. There were no trains running between my place of work and where I live, so my husband had to go and get me. (Really empathizing with the people who live in the lower parts of the city.)
All right if you're into water sports then. I have to say yes it is better sometimes to live at the top of a hill than at the bottom.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Morning everyone, the marking is finished and no more until the end of June so I can back on the exercise bike.
This is the 3rd day madam has woken with 5.9. I'm hoping that more exercise like @flexi06 and @DJC3 is going to have an impact as I've got no carbs to trim it's going to have to be protein frugality too.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who bought the Brother's in Arms CD.

An 8.3 for me today, yesterday I start a course of aunties biotics which has a side effect of lowering blood sugars coupled wif all my other medication is going to make the next 3 weeks very interesting for me.
Well folks have a good day and here's a challenge for those who missed the daily challenge.
Find somebody who has a poor sense of humour and try to bring a smile to their face. In other words brighten their dull day.
Enjoy yourselves folks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all 5.4 for me today. I am not happy with that BUT for 2 days now I have slept to 8.20 which is very late for me and found well above trend fbg. I think this all means some mischief is occurring inside me sufficient to produce those side effects and not much else. As it is wet this morning and heavy thunder forecast for tomorrow it looks like a couple of days with plenty of fluid, box sets and accepting poor numbers. :arghh:

Last edited:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all 5.4 for me today. I am not happy with that BUT 2 for days now I have slept to 8.20 which is very late for me and found well above trend fbg. I think this all means some mischief is occurring inside me sufficient to produce those side effects and not much else. As it is wet this morning and heavy thunder forecast for tomorrow it looks like a couple of days with plenty of fluid, box sets and accepting poor numbers. :arghh:
Nothing wrong with 5.4 .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing wrong with 5.4 .
@philchap1 In and of itself there isn't but it is well above trend and along with resting pulse and extra sleep it tells me something requires fixing. Heavy workouts would be silly. I have fasted all day with similar symptoms but this time I will try the gentle approach - for now. Someone stole my patience years ago:banghead:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 -- Actually, I get close to 6, too, if I eat more (especially protein) and don't work out -- so I figre this is pretty normal on a low carb diet.

Edited for grammar.

Hi Ziggy this is just dawning on me.
I’m visiting family at the moment and haven’t exercised in 3 days, my routine is completely thrown. Plus we ate a lot of protein yesterday - I knew it was too much but hate having to keep saying ‘I can’t eat that’. The result is that bg are starting to rise again ( mid morning 7.3 today where as I’d been in 5s all day for many days) it’s depressing and interesting at the same time, but at least I have an inkling of the cause. Irritatingly my A1c is due as soon as I get home though.

Hope the weather’s improved there.