Low carb online shop

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
hi, not sure if this is the right area for this question, but, has anyone bought from the online low carb website? Someone asked me if I had bought from them, apparently they sell low carb bagels and pitta breads along with lots of other food items.

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jayney, I've just ordered some bagels from the low carb website, 2g per bagel. I'm waiting for them to arrive and hope they will taste good. lowcarbmegastore.com. I'll let you know.

Reactions: lorraine95

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use it to buy the bagels! Haven't used it to buy anything else but not had a bad experience so far.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Jayney, I've just ordered some bagels from the low carb website, 2g per bagel. I'm waiting for them to arrive and hope they will taste good. lowcarbmegastore.com. I'll let you know.
Thank you, fingers crossed you enjoy them. I have made my own low carb ones using the fat head dough recipe, they are ok but it would be nice to just be able to grab one and eat :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you guys serious, over £8 for 6 bagels, not worth it don't care how low carb they are..
Unfortunately low carb eating isn’t popular enough to make the competition to reduce prices yet...

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still waiting for mime to arrive, soon hopefully. If they taste good and don't spike me, It will be worth it. I tried a small slice of bergen bread today and it sent my bs to 9.4 so won't be doing that again. I've been low carbing for 4 months now and my blood sugars are still in the 6's and 7's. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions?

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you guys serious, over £8 for 6 bagels, not worth it don't care how low carb they are..

As a bread addict they're helping me to retain my sanity in the early transition to a low carb diet. Without them I think I would be utterly miserable on this diet and would be more inclined to go on a carb binge, so for now, they're worth every penny to me.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm still waiting for mime to arrive, soon hopefully. If they taste good and don't spike me, It will be worth it. I tried a small slice of bergen bread today and it sent my bs to 9.4 so won't be doing that again. I've been low carbing for 4 months now and my blood sugars are still in the 6's and 7's. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
Hi, I hope they work out for you. I have made bagels and pizza using the fat head dough recipe, as a pizza base I actually enjoy it more than a traditional base, as a bagel it’s ok but just a bit weird as your brain tells you to expect a bread taste but that isn’t what you get, it’s sweeter and obviously has a slight coconut taste. With regards to other breads that are lower in carbs my favourite is livlife sold at Waitrose and 3.8g per slice, my body accepts this and it doesn’t seem to have any impact on my BG readings.
Not sure I’m qualified to determine if you are doing anything wrong, but from my little bit of knowledge and experience from following low carb for 5 months it could be that you may be having a little bit too much in the way of carbs at each meal, maybe? But there are other things that can have an impact, stress, feeling or being unwell, weather and dehydration. Hopefully some of the more experienced members here will have some better advice for you.

Don’t give up I’m sure you and your body will adjust in time, good luck.

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jayney, I think I'll try the livlife, it does have low carb. I don't think I eat too many carbs, I'm quite low at each meal. I'm o.k if I have bacon egg etc for breakfast, but if I have greek yoghurt and raspberries my BG goes up higher than I would like. Maybe, I would be better if I ate that later in the day. Still, I won't give up, it's just some people seem to get their levels down really quickly. I can't afford to lose any more weight, infact I need to put some on (makes a better option, than trying to lose weight, I suppose). Thanks for your advice and hope all continues to go well for you.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jayney, I think I'll try the livlife, it does have low carb. I don't think I eat too many carbs, I'm quite low at each meal. I'm o.k if I have bacon egg etc for breakfast, but if I have greek yoghurt and raspberries my BG goes up higher than I would like. Maybe, I would be better if I ate that later in the day. Still, I won't give up, it's just some people seem to get their levels down really quickly. I can't afford to lose any more weight, infact I need to put some on (makes a better option, than trying to lose weight, I suppose). Thanks for your advice and hope all continues to go well for you.
Hi Mazza I find my levels go down throughout the day too, so that’s when I’m happier eating slightly more risky things. It could be the raspberries causing the rise for you, even though they are one of the safer fruits they still effect some people. I miss fruit but do occasionally have a few strawberries either with cream or on top of a low carb Keto porridge that I make, @Rachox has a link for the recipe, I think it’s on diet doctor website, it’s very quick and easy to make and a bit like the bagels once you get your brain to accept the taste it’s nice.
How long ago were you diagnosed ? I was diagnosed in October last year, my levels went down quite quickly, at my first check up, 3 mths from diagnosis my levels were in the pre diabetic range. I like to see them in that area or lower and am hoping that my next test will put them in the normal range.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Mazza I find my levels go down throughout the day too, so that’s when I’m happier eating slightly more risky things. It could be the raspberries causing the rise for you, even though they are one of the safer fruits they still effect some people. I miss fruit but do occasionally have a few strawberries either with cream or on top of a low carb Keto porridge that I make, @Rachox has a link for the recipe, I think it’s on diet doctor website, it’s very quick and easy to make and a bit like the bagels once you get your brain to accept the taste it’s nice.
How long ago were you diagnosed ? I was diagnosed in October last year, my levels went down quite quickly, at my first check up, 3 mths from diagnosis my levels were in the pre diabetic range. I like to see them in that area or lower and am hoping that my next test will put them in the normal range.

I’m the same with my carb tolerance increasing as the day goes by. I only have around 10g carbs for breakfast and lunch but anything up to 25g for dinner. I absolutely love the low carb coconut ‘porridge’ I have it everyday with cream and a couple of chopped up strawberrie. Eating berries with something high fat stops them affecting my blood sugar levels. Anyway here’s the recipe:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m the same with my carb tolerance increasing as the day goes by. I only have around 10g carbs for breakfast and lunch but anything up to 25g for dinner. I absolutely love the low carb coconut ‘porridge’ I have it everyday with cream and a couple of chopped up strawberrie. Eating berries with something high fat stops them affecting my blood sugar levels. Anyway here’s the recipe:
https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-coconut-porridge
Thank you for sharing the link hopefully @mazza 2 will enjoy it as much as we do ;)

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jayney and Rachox. I'll give the porridge ago, although my cooking skills aren't that good lol. I was diagnosed January 31st 2018. My A1C on diagnoses was 76 and 3 months later 52. It's going in the right direction. My levels in the last couple of weeks have increased slightly, not sure why!!! I must admit, I test often and it can sometimes be frustrating when my levels are still not in range. I don't mean to moan but it's sometimes difficult to believe I can reverse this like other people. Anyway, I thank you for your time in responding to me and it makes me feel better that there are people who care. I'm gonna have a couple of low carb beers to relax and try and get my head round all of this.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
E195B172-243A-45D6-89C4-91FB2A6B035A.jpeg

Thanks Jayney and Rachox. I'll give the porridge ago, although my cooking skills aren't that good lol. I was diagnosed January 31st 2018. My A1C on diagnoses was 76 and 3 months later 52. It's going in the right direction. My levels in the last couple of weeks have increased slightly, not sure why!!! I must admit, I test often and it can sometimes be frustrating when my levels are still not in range. I don't mean to moan but it's sometimes difficult to believe I can reverse this like other people. Anyway, I thank you for your time in responding to me and it makes me feel better that there are people who care. I'm gonna have a couple of low carb beers to relax and try and get my head round all of this.
The ‘porridge’ is easy, just chuck everything in a non stick pan and heat it slowly, stirring all the time, the coconut cream and butter will slowly melt, then the egg starts to cook and it thickens to a porridge consistency.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 26800

The ‘porridge’ is easy, just chuck everything in a non stick pan and heat it slowly, stirring all the time, the coconut cream and butter will slowly melt, then the egg starts to cook and it thickens to a porridge consistency.
I agree it’s so quick and easy to make, no cooking skills @mazza 2 you will be surprised how quick this is to make.

Reactions: Freema

mazza 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
O.k, I'm gonna try it tomorrow and I'll let you know how it goes. Wish me luck!!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No apologies needed, you aren’t moaning, you are still coming to terms with a big shock, it took me a while to get my head around it too. I cried when I was diagnosed and every now and again I have a moment where I feel sorry for myself and think how unfair it is. That said I am grateful that I have been given a chance to fight this, ok it’s never going to be completely cured but it can be controlled, when I find myself feeling sorry for myself I think of the consequences of what could have happened if I didn’t know I was diabetic. I was someone who didn’t have any typical signs or symptoms and wasn’t unwell, it was picked up quite by chance and I was told that I had probably been running around with high BG levels for a while. That is quite scary, I might not have had any symptoms until it was too late. I’m thankful I have been allowed to try diet only, no meds, and I’m quite determined to get my levels in the normal non diabetic range. My own daily testing gives me hope and I have everything crossed for next week, 2nd HbA1c test.
There are lots of people here who have achieved amazing results, you can too, We need to adapt to a new way of eating and a different mindset about food but we can do it.

Reactions: CranberryIce