What's your Favourite cold drink?

DeafDiabetic

I mean the non-alcoholic variety! The question probably relates to both T1 and T2 but as I'm T2 thought I'd post in here.

So, what's your favourite cold drink? Mine's Sprite Zero - unfortunately my local supermarket only sell them in the large 2 litre bottles which are rather huge to carry if you're out and about. A very few shops I know do sell the smaller sized variety which are easier to carry about. I frequently have a half glass of this throughout the day because it's thirst quenching - also because it tastes nice!

Such a big change from my pre diagnosis last October when I was a Red Bullaholic - not touched a drop of that since.

If I'm out with friends in a pub or restaurant I'll have diet coke as a compromise as none of them seem to sell cold diabetic friendly drinks?

Cheers

DD

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine is chilled filtered water from the water machine just outside my office at work. I drink diet coke when out for a meal.

Before diagnosis I was an full sugar orangina fan. Haven't touched it since.

DD there are sugar free versions of red bull ...

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'd seen it in the supermarket, but never tasted it, just though I would mention it.

zhaith

generally it's a choice of either robinsons no added sugar fruit and barley or no added sugar ribena, and for a treat i get a case of diet root beer Yummy
Tried most of the for barq's tastes by far the nicest and not very diety at all :)

Dont mind diet red bull but it doesnt keep me awake which kinda defeats the point :)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I used to be a Red Bull fiend. (Bit of a theme amongst undiagnosed T2's!!!)

I really like the 7up Free and Fanta Zero.

I drink a can of a Lidl own brand drink called Mixx Up (Sugar Free Red Bull). Can't tell the difference between that and the real thing. 1 can at 8:30am is all I can handle - if I drink any more through the day (especially if I have one with lunch) I can't get off to sleep at night!

Water is a must for me. I try to get 2L+ a day (been failing lately, but still getting 1L a day).

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
I also like sprite zero!

But as you say t's quite hard to find!

I also like fanta, lilt and dr pepper zero too!

as i dont drink tea or coffee, before diagnosis it was just fizzy drinks or fresh juice.

I also drink water and no added sugar squash too.

i agree when out i drink diet coke asim not much of a drinker, but thats all that seems to be on offer sugar free wise :(

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I drink light fizzy lemonade - supermarket budget brand - which on the label says it contains just 0.05g sodium and nothing else per glass :?: I put a splash of lime juice in it to make it more interesting. Drink gallons of the stuff. :)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Blackcurrant Squash is by far my favourite, loved diet coke up until a few back but now it just makes me bloated and uncomfortable.

Nigel

louiseb

the tescos own brand no added sugar high juice blackcurrant flavour diluting juice.
it tastes the same as ribena

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I also like Apple and Blackcurrant squash made up with soda water.

Fizzy wise, I also like Sugar free Shandy & Cream Soda (Sainsbury's, I think?)

mehdave

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rubbish doctors who dont listen. Unclean hospitals
Irn bru suger free is my favorite.
Mountain dew suger free imported is my one every few months special.

Daily if no irn bru is lilt and sprite zero :D

Bluenosesol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dark mornings, intolerance any one with a superiority complex...
My favourite non alcoholic cold drink is slimline tonic, but I cant drink it without a large gin in it!!
:lol:

All the Best - Steve

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
i drink diet lemonade no added sugar cream soda and dr **pp*r zero Id**s diet ginger beer diet coke
Rob

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Coke Zero is nuts - it tastes EXACTLY like real coke. For drinking, I prefer diet coke. BUT - diet coke just doesn't cut it with booze.

That's where Coke Zero steps in. Coke Zero is AWESOME with Jack Daniels. Tastes just like the real thing!