WHY is everyone getting Diabetes

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
We live in a very toxic environment.
Even our western medicine is highly toxic.
We're toxic.
The oceans are dying.
There's a huge xtinction process happening and we continue to skip through it all in our determination to consume.
Must have must have must have.
There's a mental barrier to break through or break down.
How many of us have to have the latest phone etc?
How many of you are the people that really get up my nose by throwing a coffee cup out of the car window?
For me that should be an imprisonable offence.

Last edited:

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
And what about as they call them biodegradable plastics which break down into such small pieces you can't see them but they are still there, in the sea it"s eaten by plankton which is eaten fish which is eaten by us and then from us back into the sea, same with our air we burn the waste it goes into the air and lands on our fields where we grow our crops, radio waves shooting through the air and us! we are all guilty though , would people give up their cars, phones, plastic wrapping? modern life in general is toxic but we all carry on doing it.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Micro plastic is nano manufacturing.
Nano sized plastic balls are in polishes household cleaners even toothpaste.
They're about to be banned I think but is it enough and in time?

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Maybe not in time for anyone alive today but for the future of mankind.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hmmm food for thought, have we considered medical fashion ?

Z

Ziggyzog

Funny thing is back when the earths population was tiny and we were hunting much of our food the air was clean and the water was fresh we were dead before we hit forty.
Now everything is toxic we are living longer than ever.

Probably because other diseases killed people off. Simple infections etc now we have a plethora of drugs to keep us living longer

Reactions: Mick1959

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I have had type 2 now for 7 years, my daughter has just been diognosed with type 2 and hypothyroidism and now my son in law has been told he has diabetes and has to have blood tests etc WHY is people getting it he is 6 foot odd and never been over weight and never had anyone in his family with it
Like me many have had it since childhood and it's just getting picked up now, too.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Probably because other diseases killed people off. Simple infections etc now we have a plethora of drugs to keep us living longer
Thats true. I had pneumonia at 3mths old and burst appendix at 13yrs old. Underactive thyroid at 23yrs old. Diabetes diagnosis 32yrs old and asthmatic at 46yrs old.
Seem to be ill every 10yr. I've just realised.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
ok we have just got to face it us diabetics are a special breed ...smiles:):angelic:;)

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We were designed to eat non-processed food, and only enough for our needs, and to keep moving from sun-rise to sun-set. We tried to make life easier for ourselves with fast food, cars, artificial light, labour saving devices, heating systems, modern medicine etc, and up-set the worlds natural balance, so now we are paying the price.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
We live in a very toxic environment.
Even our western medicine is highly toxic.
We're toxic.
The oceans are dying.
There's a huge xtinction process happening and we continue to skip through it all in our determination to consume.
Must have must have must have.
There's a mental barrier to break through or break down.
How many of us have to have the latest phone etc?
How many of you are the people that really get up my nose by throwing a coffee cup out of the car window?
For me that should be an imprisonable offence.

We are the only species on the planet that fouls its own nest.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
I spent my childhood having extreme pleasure having stuff like cotton candy at fairs, giant lollipops that lasted a month, stops at truck stops on long trips where we might get different Amish candies, medicines for coughs and everything else in syrups, desserts with lunch dinner and supper, cakes at tea, bakery breads everywhere, pancakes for breakfast, boxes and boxes of the worst cereal junk, artificially colored and flavored, artificial flavored syrups, trips to the International House of Pancakes, chocolates and bananas and oranges and grapefruits and so on, every social event accompanied by pies and cakes , pudding with fake whipped cream, and five kinds of brownies and blondies and many dozens of cookies, stays at motels and hotels with free breakfasts consisting of carbs and no proteins, accompaniments for dinner such as marshmallow covered sweet potatoes, and dinners of spaghetti, rotini, tortalini, the thinnest canned clam sauce on linguine, sugar in our tomato sauces, sugary tomato coatings on our ribs, sugar cured hams, carb coated onion rings, sweet potato and white potato fries, huge bowls of popcorn, corn chips, pretzels in bags, giant pretzels with mustard sauce on the side, various varieties of fried dough covered in additional sugar, the regular family weekly stop at the Dunkin Donuts for a couple dozen...jams and jellies on everything, marshmallow cream and peanut butter sanwiches on white Wonder bread, twinkies and other sugared fake cream filled Hostess productions, individual shelf stable fried pies, the American southernstaple, pecan pie, pecan brittle, peanut brittle, stuff pretending to be healthy like trail mix, the very concept of healthy carbs....

And then there are many drugs we have been given that raise our blood sugars

and all before we get to chocolate covered brioche dough swans and cream puffs and Breyers ice cream

For a recent birthday, I went crazy and requested a Trader Joe's NY style baked cheesecake with the required texture, the required creaminess, the required height. Only concession I made was to cut off the cookie like crusts with a very sharp knife and give them to another family member (not outing him)who could still handle them on his low fat high carb diet

Chocolate covered brioche dough swans !..

Gotta try one of them...... Serene but tasty...

kevinfitzgerald

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
All things that hurt (emotional and physical)
did I mention that they were filled with a kind of buttery whipped cream? To paraphrase a famous popular poet talking mousies"Bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet"

What, Pam Ayres !