First month on LCHF

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all just been to see by Dn to get weighed and give her an update on first month on LCHF. At first she was a bit sceptical of LCHF but was willing to listen and let me give it ago again (did it a few years ago) Well to say she was very pleased and a bit gobsmacked is an understatement at how it has gone.

30/04/2018 weight 157kg 30/05/2018 weight 148.6 8.4kg off :smug::)
30.04.2018 Bg 16.6 30/05/2018 Bg 7.0 (average over 7 days) :smug::)

I'm well chuffed as well :)

Last edited:
Reactions: gemma_T1

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Hi all just been to see by Dn to get weighed and give her an update on first month on LCHF. At fist she was a bit sceptical of LCHF but was willing to listen and let me give it ago again (did it a few years ago) Well to say she was very pleased and a bit gobsmacked is an understatement at how it has gone.

Very well done Terrytiddy. I'm sure your next HBA1C result will reflect the excellent progress you have made. It's always good when we manage to convert an NHS professional. I was talking to a doctor socially the other day. We chatted about diabetes and he said that there are many new diets and regimes for treating the condition that the medical world is only just beginning to recognise. Revolutions usually start with just a few dissenting voices then gather pace as the masses join in.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done what a big incentive to carry on. Pleased for you too that your DN was prepared to review you after a month and listen to you. Congratulations on your efforts to date.

Reactions: Terrytiddy

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent results and in such a short time.. you're well on your way to better health. This blood sugars are looking great. Keep this up and you'll be down to "normal" in no time.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done! It's looking good, my freind!

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Excellent result. Keep up the good work.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very well done Terrytiddy. I'm sure your next HBA1C result will reflect the excellent progress you have made. It's always good when we manage to convert an NHS professional. I was talking to a doctor socially the other day. We chatted about diabetes and he said that there are many new diets and regimes for treating the condition that the medical world is only just beginning to recognise. Revolutions usually start with just a few dissenting voices then gather pace as the masses join in.
new diets? like Atkins maybe? A whole generation has been born and qualified as doctors since then.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all just been to see by Dn to get weighed and give her an update on first month on LCHF. At fist she was a bit sceptical of LCHF but was willing to listen and let me give it ago again (did it a few years ago) Well to say she was very pleased and a bit gobsmacked is an understatement at how it has gone.

Brilliant achievement, well done, keep up the good work.

paulloseby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I too have lost about that in the first 4 weeks. I've gone from 144Kgs to 137.8Kgs. It has helped keeping a food diary and taking blood to find out what affects me worse. The biggest shock was my beloved Tropicana orange juice with extra juicy bits. I was having a big glass of that each morning and then if we were at Marks and Spencers, a big glass of their freshly squeezed juice. I do still drink it in the morning but only 100ml. Pearl barley in place of rice and pasta has also helped.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too have lost about that in the first 4 weeks. I've gone from 144Kgs to 137.8Kgs. It has helped keeping a food diary and taking blood to find out what affects me worse. The biggest shock was my beloved Tropicana orange juice with extra juicy bits. I was having a big glass of that each morning and then if we were at Marks and Spencers, a big glass of their freshly squeezed juice. I do still drink it in the morning but only 100ml. Pearl barley in place of rice and pasta has also helped.
Hi @paulloseby well done, great for first month eh! What eating regime are you on? :)

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all thanks for all the comments really appreciated. Have to say the results are a great motivator. I have another 2 months before my diabetes MOT so looking to fetch HbA1c right down and good Bg levels. I have another weigh in at end of June, would love to be in the 130's kg range. I'm sure it can be done with the right attitude and hard work so lets see. :);)

Reactions: mytype1.life

paulloseby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @paulloseby well done, great for first month eh! What eating regime are you on? :)
Just cutting down on the carbs but not going mad. I was eating sweets every night and ice cream after dinner. Sweets out and really like the Danone Light and Free yoghurts instead of the ice cream. Cut out rice and pasta (pearl barley instead) and just one sandwich at lunch using Kingsmill 50/50 no crust. I do have the occasional 'old style meal' but find I am eating a smaller portion. Since the first week when I was getting used to things, I've had one blood sugar reading of 7.9 after dinner but they are all less than and mainly 6 or below. Things seem to be working and I am getting into shirts that didn't fit a few weeks ago so I'm happy.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just cutting down on the carbs but not going mad. I was eating sweets every night and ice cream after dinner. Sweets out and really like the Danone Light and Free yoghurts instead of the ice cream. Cut out rice and pasta (pearl barley instead) and just one sandwich at lunch using Kingsmill 50/50 no crust. I do have the occasional 'old style meal' but find I am eating a smaller portion. Since the first week when I was getting used to things, I've had one blood sugar reading of 7.9 after dinner but they are all less than and mainly 6 or below. Things seem to be working and I am getting into shirts that didn't fit a few weeks ago so I'm happy.
Check the carb content of the Danone products just to make sure. It's easy to get caught out.

paulloseby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Check the carb content of the Danone products just to make sure. It's easy to get caught out.
I can't remember what they were offhand but my readings are going in the right direction. A little bit of what you fancy does you good so they say