Dribbling embarrassment

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have recently started dribbling after "putting myself away" thinking i have finished weeing. I have heard this can be linked to Diabetes. Does anyone else have this problem and how can i fix it?

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I cant say its never happened to me before but I would never have made a connection to the diabetes.....

unless, there were other diabetes related things going on down there also, which you would assume could diminish sensation and therefore the ability to tell when its all done....

think you just need to spend a few more seconds giving it a shake maybe....

kevkevkev

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cant say its never happened to me before but I would never have made a connection to the diabetes.....

unless, there were other diabetes related things going on down there also, which you would assume could diminish sensation and therefore the ability to tell when its all done....

Ha. It's not that I shake plenty its only just started happening but its every time now. A little bit of research suggests diabetes plays a part

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ha. It's not that I shake plenty its only just started happening but its every time now. A little bit of research suggests diabetes plays a part

It very well could be.....how is your control? have you been experiencing any other issues....?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have recently started dribbling after "putting myself away" thinking i have finished weeing. I have heard this can be linked to Diabetes. Does anyone else have this problem and how can i fix it?
I've done that for most of my adult life just means you have to stand there a bit longer I'm afraid.... I think it means you're getting a bit older.. I have to wait a good 5-10 seconds to get the last bits out.. then can still get a small dribble. Patience is key and ignore the odd looks you get at the urinal...!

Reactions: bigjim19

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Not applicable to your problem but for us women there is a little discussed condition associated with Type 2 Diabetes called fUVD (female Urinary Voiding Dysfunction). The results are the same, though, problems with voiding the bladder fully as quickly or as easily as one would like/find comfortable. Mine has greatly improved since I lowered my bg and A1c but it has been a very slow process.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

BUT not too many shakes!!!!!

luv2spin

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
people who think they know about Diabetes, but they really don't

My experience; it may or may not be due to diabetes. A visit to an Urologist as well as a Neurologist does normally fix the issue. They do some tests to find the reason behind it.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so does prostate problems. Get thee to a doctor to get checked, please, please do this.

jwd1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had prostate cancer seven years ago, I didn't have a dribble problem then, but did afterwards, doctor told me I should take at the very least 2 mins to have a pee, I was always in too much of a hurry to wait that long and dribbled! Now take the fully allotted time, no more problems. (Think this is first time I've talked about this kind of subject, well done for raising it)!!

Reactions: kevkevkev

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I concur. It can be very annoying to finish, thinking there is no more there, only to find as soon as you have washed your hands and are leaving the bathroom, you feel like you have to go again.

One of the many benefits of controlling BG is that this happens less often for me when things are well controlled. It turns out men and women are not so different after all.

For me the problem started right at the beginning, having to push from the first droplet to the last i.e. never having a steady stream unless bearing down. It has eased as my bg management has improved but it is frustratingly slow.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Sounds more like prostate problems ...go see your doc

Second that ! I’ve had the problem before I had diabetes get your PSA checked ( blood test at nurse or doctor)

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
I would certainly suggest consulting a doctor if you have prostate symptoms but those who think a PSA test is conclusive should read the following. I put my name down for a sort of screening test but was told they don't do them over the age of 69 as the results are too unreliable.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/prostate-cancer/should-i-have-psa-test/

But it will give you an indication if there is anything wrong you can read all you want argue till the next blue moon but without testing you will never find out I’ve not got prostate cancer but an enlarged prostate being treated by meds so ignore at your peril

Don’t forget your the patient

Last edited:

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I'm just the same when I'm putting petrol in the car. Shake, shake, rattle a bit then... d'oh!... drip down the paintwork.
Every time!

david1241

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
doctors and dentists.I would not be rude to any.Also i don't like being taken for granted.
Hello Iv'e had that it usually happened in cold weather.My brother in law was asking me if i had the problem as he was dribbling I was ok at the time .It could be an enlarged prostate .Try eating pumpkin seeds they may relieve the problem.It could be the start of prostate cancer .Hopefully not .Mine cleared up,until i got Type 2 diabetes.I was peeing 13 or for 14 times at night. Daytime i could not hold my pee if there there were no toilets ,like at Aldi supermarket. i was sunk . Other supermarkets i was ok they have customer toilets.It got a lot worse .I ended up having to wear Tena for men incontinence pads.and very good they are too.Since i cured myself of diabetes .My waterworks have returned to normal .I don't need incontinence pads anymore .Thank goodness.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sometimes the belief that I have finished is not correct but in my case not often. The relaxation when I put it away seems to provoke a dribble occasionally. If it is a big problem then I suggest you sit down on the loo (if at home) and try that to see if it helps. It might not help but, hey, I have a field outside my house where I don't have a problem.

Reactions: bigjim19

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

My advise would be get the prostate side of things checked out. For peace of mind. ;)

The other thing to mention.. Is "technique?" How can I tactfully put this. Possible restriction of the final flow in anticipation of the manditory shake & put away.. A brief kink in the "hose."