Hot weather and higher numbers !?

annscullamus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dear All,

Just an observation. I have had readings of around 1 to 1.5 mmols during this very hot weather. I was also in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur in March and April and my readings were quite a bit higher than usual with no real change of a strict low carb diet. It also seems to take longer for the blood to stop after taking a finger prick test !

I wondered if anyone else had noticed this. Working in Iceland and being on a boat out in the North Atlantic I suffered what was almost a seize up of joints which the Ukrainian doctor to,d me was directly connected to my diabetes, and added that British doctors would not believe this or suggest that high and low temps played havoc with diabetes.

P haps my system is just more susceptible- not sure, but this spell of beautiful sun has definitely sent my numbers up somewhat.

P

pollensa

Dear All,

Just an observation. I have had readings of around 1 to 1.5 mmols during this very hot weather. I was also in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur in March and April and my readings were quite a bit higher than usual with no real change of a strict low carb diet. It also seems to take longer for the blood to stop after taking a finger prick test !

I wondered if anyone else had noticed this. Working in Iceland and being on a boat out in the North Atlantic I suffered what was almost a seize up of joints which the Ukrainian doctor to,d me was directly connected to my diabetes, and added that British doctors would not believe this or suggest that high and low temps played havoc with diabetes.

P haps my system is just more susceptible- not sure, but this spell of beautiful sun has definitely sent my numbers up somewhat.
I can vouch this probably is the case I experience the same. Although all numbers winter or hot summer months in Mallorca, are normal non diabetic range, the rare times I do test i.e. only every 3 or 4 months always the winter tests are slightly higher than the summer month testing. My friend in Oz, informs me she is diabetic 2 and her doc recommends, do not test if you have just been to the beach or sitting in the sun for lunch, go inside and wait at least 1 hour before testing, so could be something in the sun?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Weirdly, I don't notice any difference at all. I think it affects people differently.

annscullamus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’m sure everyone is different, but it seems as if it might be a reason for raised levels. Thank you all for your input.