Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.6 again this morning, so obviously my readings are not in any way affected by my emotions,
which are all over the place following losing my Mum on Wednesday. I have managed not to comfort eat so
I guess I have some inner strength despite feeling so sad

Sorry to hear about your loss and hope things improve for you soon.

Reactions: Mal37

Margaretjamieson

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my dinner around 7.30pm yesterday. 9.8 this morning. I observe that if I fast for about 18hours the level becomes remarkably low to sometimes 6-7. I do have 40mins walk daily. I quit metformin about three months ago. Please urgent advice is needed. Not too happy with the result this morning. Thanks.

I have similar numbers this morning and in my experience eating low carb at evening meal and having it earlier in the day before 6pm, walking afterwards and keeping hydrated helps me have lower numbers first thing in the morning.

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
I have similar numbers this morning and in my experience eating low carb at evening meal and having it earlier in the day before 6pm, walking afterwards and keeping hydrated helps me have lower numbers first thing in the morning.

Hi - this isn't meant as a criticism - it's just the way I approach things.

My early morning reading is a snapshot of my lifestyle. Is it better or worse than the last few days? Is the trend up or down over the last week or so?

I don't care much about the actual reading itself - it's how it compares to recent history that matters. So, to that end, I see little point in eating "tactically" to lower the early morning reading.

Like I said, this is just me.

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
Hi - this isn't meant as a criticism - it's just the way I approach things.

My early morning reading is a snapshot of my lifestyle. Is it better or worse than the last few days? Is the trend up or down over the last week or so?

I don't care much about the actual reading itself - it's how it compares to recent history that matters. So, to that end, I see little point in eating "tactically" to lower the early morning reading.

Like I said, this is just me.

Quite agree with you I just eat normally don’t do low carb or fast just watch what eat if the figures are high or lower in the morning then I compensate with lower or alternative food
As you say NOT being critical of others just my way of control each day at a time that’s how I approach things