What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all, 5.5 for me today. Eat some nuts before bed probably pushed it up. Fine weather here, 20degC at 7:30 so a warm one in store. Off to see my team play hurling, that can usually send my BG to 7 without any food and put me at risk of a coronary. Have a good day.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all joined me a bad night snack or 3

A self induced 11.1 for me this morning. The wages of a late night sweet sugar loaded snack.

Well folks have a good day. I have Pink Floyd playing High Hopes at the moment which also coinsides with what I hope for the day.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A whopping 6.9 today
Possibly because a sciatica like pain in my leg has kept me awake half the night. I’ve had it before and it usually goes away after 3 or 4 days, but that’s a long time to be having readings this high.

Hope everyone has a lovely day, cruising, hurling, golfing, holidaying - there is a lot going on, on here today. Enjoy

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A whopping 6.9 today
Possibly because a sciatica like pain in my leg has kept me awake half the night. I’ve had it before and it usually goes away after 3 or 4 days, but that’s a long time to be having readings this high.
Sorry to hear of your pain @DJC3 but that needs to heal first readings can wait :angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well folks have a good day. I have Pink Floyd playing High Hopes at the moment which also consides with what I hope for the day.
@alf_Josiah, my vision of you and Pink Floyd won't stray far from this classic
Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict :angelic:

Reactions: ziggy_w

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
A whopping 6.9 today

Hope everyone has a lovely day, cruising, hurling, golfing, holidaying - there is a lot going on, on here today. Enjoy
Hope you feel better soon

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.9 I have had the worst 24 hours, including three sudden drops in my sleep (one of them a mid 3's hypo), blood sugars that wouldn't go up in the morning, and ridiculous highs and rollercoasters in the afternoon. My basal is completely out of whack (stupid honeymoon period) and I'm exhausted. Despite the bad day I still won my chess game against one of the best players in the tournament, and our team won the match 3-1 :)

liarsdance

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all joined me a bad night snack or 3

A self induced 11.1 for me this morning. The wages of a late night sweet sugar loaded snack.

Well folks have a good day. I have Pink Floyd playing High Hopes at the moment which also coinsides with what I hope for the day.

fabulous song; I love that album :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Blood sugars were 4.7 this morning.

@dunelm -- Enjoy the cruise. Hope you have a wonderful vacation.
@DJC3 -- Hope you feel better soon, blood sugars will drop once you feel better.
@phdiabetic -- Have a big hug from me.
@flexi06 -- Once you figure out what works for you, it will be easy peasy. I found it's just a matter of establishing a new routine.
@ianpspurs -- Totally get what you are going through. I tend to be a bit obsessive about blood sugar levels myself. If it helps any, I found that blood sugars go a bit in cycles, they are up a couple of days and then they come down again. So, sure it will happen for you too. Also, for me fewer larger meals work better than many small meals. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am unsure as to the answer but am going through a period disruption myself at the moment also, but it does occur to me that diabetes as a condition has variability and will sometimes just fluctuate and this you can not totally control so maybe even though you are maintaining your control of variables within a certain range the natural variability of the condition can alter the perceived and actual out comes of your efforts so your best option could be to patiently try and wait out the recent fluctuations till things beyond your control normalize once more. And not stress too much. Zen and the art of diabetic control?
Hi @JohnEGreen "Zen and the art of diabetic control" I have practiced Zen and Zen meditation for many years and never heard that quote. Have to say very apt. Hope this post is allowed admin? :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

Terrytiddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all 5.3 for me this morning. Happy with that, thought it would be higher. Had a small amount of chicken curry and a few new potatoes last night (Saturday is the only day I have potato, as a small treat) So well pleased. Have a great day all. :)