accu-chek "mobile"

Dal1970

power said:
Franky69uk said:
I have an Accu-Check Compact which I regard as excellent. Started buying strips for it at Boots but soon stopped because of price. Now buy on E Bay which tends to be a lot cheaper. Was interested in the Accu-Chek Mobile having seen an article on it in a Sunday newspaper. Interest soon disappeared when I checked the price of replacement strips as I buy my own. Over £28 so if u test a lot I think u need to be a millionaire to use it. Currently buying strips for my Compact on EBay at around £12-14 average and had no problems so far.
Frank

How come you have to buy the strips yourself?
:oops: Just found out T2 Diabetics have to pay for them.

Who told you that? I have just been told I am Type 2 and I get free prescriptions now. Just got my first meter and have to collect my presciption on Monday

Dal

tapcin

I obtained an Accu Chek mobile from my WSH Diabetic Nurse, and commenced to use it, in tandem with the Accu Chek Compact Plus I have had for some time. Though they were both calibrated with the correct fluid, the readings from the Mobile were consistently higher, some-times by frightening amounts – once 20.8 on the Mobile, immediately, with the same sample, 9.8 with the Plus. I spoke to Roche, who were very helpful, and sent me a replacement. It was pretty much the same. I carried on the tandem tests until I ran out of tabs for the Plus and I can’t afford to buy them (I would like to carry on with that, but to ask the Surgery to provide two sets of testing strips seems unfair. They are very good, but there are limits) I spoke to Roche, again, and again they sent me a replacement, which I am presently using, but as far as I am concerned, it is just as bad. I bought a set of tabs from Boot’s, and can now check up, and today, fasting, the Mobile gave me 9.2, and the Plus, 4.5. The Mobile is a good idea, which seems to have been rushed too soon to market, and I am going to dump it, and go back to the Plus, simply because I have no confidence in the Mobile. Great idea, poorly im-pemented.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
There are many discussions about meters and accuracy on here, do a search using keywords, 'meter accuracy.' You will never get any meters to read the same, it doesn't work that way.

Just use one meter, make sure it is tested with the control solutions and is within tolerances. Make sure that your hands are clean and dry before testing. If you use more than one meter it is a sure fire recipe for confusion and paranioa to set in. It will drive you nuts !! :wink:

They are after all only a guide to your levels, not precision laboratory instruments. If faulty they will be replaced FOC.

Ken

Peter Day

I agree that different meters even of the samr brand and model can show variations, but not double the amount! Presumably the OP has checked the mobile is calibrated properly and if he has, the mobile would appear to be performing erroneously. Not a good result for a fifty poun ds piece of kit!!!

tapcin

Further to my post about the Mobile, which I also sent to Roche, they sent me my FOURTH Mobile. I have returned all the previous ones for testing, but heard nothing. The 4th one will be going back, as it too is useless. Yes, the Compact I have is calibrated, and I will be using it for evermore. I now have an accumulation of 3 brand new and sealed Mobile cassettes, which my surgery won't take back, so I guess I'll put them on Ebay, and give the surgery the money. Beware the Mobile! ncj.

Peter Day

It would be interesting to have some feedback from Roche on this one. Why are the Mobiles so hopelessly innacurate? Have they said anything?

Amanda Hugankiss

Dislikes
Chaos
I use the compact plus at the moment and it is perfect for my needs, I have Arthritis in both my hands. I would love the mobile, but have been told I have to pay :( I will wait for Accuchek to give some away I think.

Lou25uk

Hi all I’ve just got a accu-chek mobile very pleased with it I get the similar results has my accu-chek Compact Plus the only problem I had was getting my doctor and the chemist to get the prescription right but that’s nothing new has for the meter it’s a bit smaller the Compact Plus but a bit heavier the Fastclix finger pricker with 6 lancets in a single drum 34 drums in a box (204 lancets) and 2 test cassettes in a box (100 tests) are great and it got a nice and clear display in my opinion it the best meter I’ve ever had and I’ve tried several over the years

alkeddie

Hello all,

I've got some questions about the Accu-Chek Mobile device that I was hoping someone with eperience of using it could answer.

On Saturday, in desperation (having run out of test strips and being given the wrong prescription by my surgery), I bought an Accu-Chek Compact Plus. I had been thinking about buying one of these for a while so it wasn't a problem. However, since using it there are a few things that I've found irritating and I was wondering if they were any better on the Mobile. Firstly, the motor for dispensing the strips seems quite loud. I work in a fairly quiet office and test my blood regularly while there. I find it a nuisance hearing mobiles etc go off and I imagine it will be the same for other people having to listen to the motor on my blood testing device several times a day. I assume the Mobile does something similar when moving to the next test strip but is it as loud? The other thing that I found surprising about the Compact Plus is the amount of blood required to get a result. My previous meter (a Contour) seemed to require about half as much. I saw a video of someone using the Mobile and (while it was difficult to tell on the video) she hardly seemed to apply any blood. Is this the case with the Mobile?

The last question I have about the Mobile relates to the lancing device. I know you get a drum of six lancets with the Mobile. Is it possible to reuse these? I know that you should change the lancet after each blood test but I can imagine the situation where I've use the last lancet but haven't got the necessary amount of blood out of my finger to do the test, Would I be able to reuse the lancet in this case?

Any help that you can give with these questions would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Ali

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
I bought my own Accu Chek Mobile, I previously own the Compact plus GT. Amway I love my mobile no messing with strips and you get 50 :mrgreen: I also have the Accu-Check smart pix software version 3.1 which is very good for transferring all you blood sugar data onto the PC.

alkeddie

The mobile is still noisily and makes a bleep sound but you can turn the bleep off. You need only a tiny amount of blood to get a reading even less blood than the compact plus needed.

No, do not reuse needles ever. Always use a fresh new one, using a used needle will only increase the chances of getting an infection.

bonerp

Anyone else finding it problematic getting prescriptions for these, mention to the GP that they are in the NHS bible of drugs as "Mobile test cassette". Not Accu-Chek Mobile Test Cassette or Roche Mobile tes...

Took forever to get a script from my GP!

The fastclix are also under Mobile test...not by manufacturer. Even Boots couldn't find them, and I am still waiting for the items to come in grrrr.

redrevis

Didn't have any problem getting my cassettes or lancets. Just emailed the card, you get with the meter with the information and pip codes on it, to my GP and all sorted. I've uploaded it for you if you or anyone needs it.

Attachments

• Accu-Chek Mobile PIP Codes (Medium).JPG
    Accu-Chek Mobile PIP Codes (Medium).JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 4,153

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I also have no problems getting the cassettes. I did as redrevis did and filled out the card that comes with the meter. Also I’ve heard that people are being denied strips for some reason, I’ve had no problems with this and I go through a cassette every couple of days or so.

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
You need one of these

http://www.accu-chek.co.uk/gb/products/ ... rtpix.html

You have to ring them and purchase it over the phone. I bought one and it works very well for what I need it for on my PC using windows 7. I think it was about £24.99 I'm not sure if it works on the Mac but if you give them a call they will tell you if it will work on your system.

bonerp

the current Smartpix only loads data from 3 testers at a time. So if you have 4 like me (1 at work, 1 upstairs by bed, 1 in kitchen, 1 in car), the last download wipes all the others grrrr.

They are however, about to release an updated unit that can do 4.

sub

I love the mobile - only used it for a week and its far easier than the Bayer Contour I was using.

A lot less blood is needed too - which is a very big plus point for my daughter as she's only 2!

Not sure on what software to get though - the smartpix or the 360*

twisty

which monitor??

Daughter as the Accu-chek Aviva, she's 7.5 and checks once/twice in school for the moment.
It was mentioned that maybe we should consider the Accu-chek Mobile which holds 50 strips and automatically holds during testing, making it less fiddly.

Has anyone any good, or bad experiences with the Mobile?

Am keen to get the Expert at some stage but not until honeymoon is over and we're on more injections/go towards pump!

leggott

Re: which monitor??

My husband has the mobile and likes it, but he thinks it needs a lot more blood than any other meter. Also when I spoke with accu chek about replacing meters for our kids, they said that the mobile wasn't suitable for them! I'm not sure why that would be but it might be down to the quantity of the blood sample.