What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Leg pain woke me at 3:30 again bg 5.2 at that time. Took paracetamol and managed to go back to sleep, then 5.7 at 8am so I’m quite pleased.
@ianpspurs I want to say something kind and encouraging to you, as you do to everyone else. You’re doing everything you can and your numbers are brilliant by most people’s standards. Be gentle on yourself.
@DJC3 Sorry to hear abut your continued leg pain. I appreciate your concern - personally I think I am too much of a wooss with myself. A bit in the go hard or go home mould:banghead:

Reactions: flexi06

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi guys I just thought it would be funny to tell you what happened with my BG so I had just ate my dinner 5.0 pre dinner and checked my BG it was 23.9 I almost had a heart attack so I washed my hands and I’m now 6.2

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Very dull this morning, both the weather and my outlook. 5.1 this morning having decided I would food fast yesterday as I can't bear the disappointment of some of my readings lately. Tramped through 20K steps as well. Looked promising with 4.4 at bedtime but right now diabetes seems to be laughing in my face. Oh well, challenge accepted just running low on ways and means. Probably trying too hard now but I am rather too old for a personality change :banghead:
@ianpspurs I truly empathise. Eating fish and helped me for a while, now like you, I'm looking for something more than just water. Your numbers really are golden, give yourself a hug, not a woooooooooooooooooooos!!
Probably @johnpol your BG would like to stay at home and relax, work related number perhaps, it'll be better tomorrow.
@Terrytiddy congratulations on a lovely result and @DJC3 thanks and hope you're feeling better. It's a 2 day break tagged onto a work assignment but I'm not complaining about the work, the break, or madam's numbers. It's the first time I've been away on my own since T1D so I was a little worried

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I truly empathise. Eating fish and helped me for a while, now like you, I'm looking for something more than just water. Your numbers really are golden, give yourself a hug, not a woooooooooooooooooooos!!
Thanks @SueJB and it sounds as if Izmir is agreeing with you. I do really wonder just how adaptive one's body is meaning one approach only is doomed to diminishing returns, I on't know about you but I am starting to realise that In need to understand my body much better and adapt my approach accordingly on a more regular basis. Take care and thanks again for the kind words.

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks @SueJB and it sounds as if Izmir is agreeing with you. I do really wonder just how adaptive one's body is meaning one approach only is doomed to diminishing returns, I on't know about you but I am starting to realise that In need to understand my body much better and adapt my approach accordingly on a more regular basis, Take care and thanks again for the kind words.
@ianpspurs Izmir is lovely and normal with no tourists and a delight with lovely rose wine which was an unexpected treat but the food is so tempting. I do think though that knowing your body's reaction to food, exercise, stress which certainly comes in all forms, is a must. I also think that it's tempting to make a change when the first change didn't appear to work. Knee jerk reaction perhaps? You are doing so well, tread a little more lightly................................... and that's me talking to me as well, I have the same reaction to pooh numbers

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Good morning all. Been playing catch-up with all the posts after two very busy days.

Thanks for all your hugs and wishes concerning the flooding. Surprisingly, all the water and residual mess had already been cleaned up the next morning. Things can be efficient here in Germany -- but they usually aren't (in spite of the reputation).

@JohnEGreen -- It's good that your fbgs are normalizing again. Hope your other levels will be returning to lower levels soon too. It must be really frustrating to see the increase in your medication having this effect.

@flexi06 -- I live in a city named Wuppertal in Germany (its claim to fame is the suspension railway), but commute to Cologn, where I work. Recently, we had unusually hot and humid weather for end of May with temperatures of slightly more than 30 degrees, but also lots of torrential rains and thunder and lightening.

@flexi06 -- You will probably start feeling more energetic if you decide to drop your carbs a bit more. This will allow your body will switch to primarily burning fat. Upping your salt intake (plus maybe taking extra potassium and magnesium) will usually help with the carb flu. (Ketosis does lead to lower water retention and with the water, your body retains fewer of these minerals).

@Mal37 -- My heartfelt condolences for your loss. It is devastating to lose a parent.

Blood sugars were 5.1 on Thursday, 5.3 on Friday and 4.4 this morning.
Thank you for your condolences and I am not posting quite as often right now sibce I have so much to deal with, but hope to be back to regular chats/testing etc very soon

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very dull this morning, both the weather and my outlook. 5.1 this morning having decided I would food fast yesterday as I can't bear the disappointment of some of my readings lately. Tramped through 20K steps as well. Looked promising with 4.4 at bedtime but right now diabetes seems to be laughing in my face. Oh well, challenge accepted just running low on ways and means. Probably trying too hard now but I am rather too old for a personality change :banghead:

Was gonna suggest 10 mins of brisk walking- on the spot if needed- just immediately before bed Ianp, you never know it might help.

flexi06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all

4.2 today

Had a big dinner yesterday but did loads of walking too. We went to the Boboli gardens in Florence then treated ourselves to a multi course dinner. Nice selection of rich Italian deserts but the waiter gave me a splendid portion of cheese instead

Way to go with resistance of temptation- I’m proud of you. I’d have had a real Italian tiramisu in a heartbeat. You’re a star