The Wedding

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Who will be watching Harry and Meghan marry today I am sure most of us ladies will be. The men well more looking forward to the cup final this evening I expect. I live about a mile from Windsor so one of my local towns and I know it well At 79 I would not be able to stand for hours and I never have liked huge crowds so will not be going there today I will be watching it on TV

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Who will be watching Harry and Meghan marry today I am sure most of us ladies will be. The men well more looking forward to the cup final this evening I expect. I live about a mile from Windsor so one of my local towns and I know it well At 79 I would not be able to stand for hours and I never have liked huge crowds so will not be going there today I will be watching it on TV

I want to see what the wedding looks like and that's it really, so I will watch it for an hour or so :-D

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My preference is the cup final.
Although the wedding will be a slight interest, it has been over-hyped, in my opinion, to the detriment of news of other important world events.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was going to watch it just to see her dress but other things took up my time and I guess it's too late now hee hee

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
i am watching a Gospel choir singing Stand by me and it's wonderful, moments before, listened to a very enthusiastic American minister, Whoever takes on marriage vows, I wish them well, it's a lifelong commitment.

Reactions: Pinkorchid

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
Marriage is the cause of all divorces. FACT!

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My preference is the cup final.
Although the wedding will be a slight interest, it has been over-hyped, in my opinion, to the detriment of news of other important world events.
Agreed not everyone is interested in the wedding but I think it was nice to have a happy occasion in this country. I think people need that sometimes because there is so much tragedy in the world today we need to see that good things do still happen but that does not mean we forget the bad things or the people affected by them we still feel very sad for them

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i am watching a Gospel choir singing Stand by me and it's wonderful, moments before, listened to a very enthusiastic American minister, Whoever takes on marriage vows, I wish them well, it's a lifelong commitment.
Yes that was amazing

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok. I confess. I went shopping, then when I came home had a quick rewind of the TV, and fast forwarded through all of the few hours I missed of the wedding, condensing it all to the bits without the stupid commentators. It took less than 20 minutes.

Perhaps I will do the same with the cup final.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If I had been at home I would have probably had it on and watched it but was driving back from the Cotswolds at the actual time of the wedding.....I did catch some of it on the radio and also watched some of the highlights later when I got home...

....when they were saying their vows it did made me think of my own wedding which is coming up in just seven weeks time at beginning of July :joyful:

......though ours is going to be a much simpler affair and not as elaborate....:rolleyes:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We spent most of yesterday driving from Northumberland to Hampshire, with a break for lunch and a walk at Hardwick Hall, near Sheffers. Mrs h-c watched the service itself on the phone and gave me a running commentary of the highlights ("She said Yes"!). Because of the juxtaposition of the wedding and the Cup Final, the roads were very quiet all day, which was a bonus :)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I spent the day out on my bike. The roads were surprisingly bereft of traffic. Had a marvellous time and noTV or newspapers - result :D

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I fell asleep for the cup final.

P

pollensa

I can happily confirm I was one watching here in Pollensa Mallorca, wasnt she just gorgeous, such a simple elegant simple wedding gown, great choice and handsome stylish Harry too. Great couple, and wow, wasnt that a wedding with a difference, it was fantstico as we say here in spain, along with the fashion, atmosphere and best bonus of all, incredible beautiful day for the bride groom and all. Happy wedding, wishing them every happiness for the future.

I watched the royal wedding and found it to be a welcomed distraction from reality.