Tesco - Diabetic Food Filter

BeBeautiful

Tesco have product filters online for vegetarians, pescatarians, vegans, low fat, no lactose, no gluten etc but do not have anything for diabetics other than sugar free.

I have emailed them and they have logged my idea and agreed it would be a good addition to have low carb and low GI index foods, but they need more people to want it.

So, can you please email

[email protected]

And tell them you would like to see low carb and/or low GI index filters on their online shop to make shopping easier online - any further advice on making online shopping to manage BG better would be great!

Thanks everyone!

D

Deleted Account

I would be careful for a diabetic filter - this is likely to bring up things like diabetic chocolate and the like.
Perhaps "low carb" would be more useful and appeal to more than just people with diabetes?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would be careful for a diabetic filter - this is likely to bring up things like diabetic chocolate and the like.
Perhaps "low carb" would be more useful and appeal to more than just people with diabetes?
I agree. Also what might be good for someone with one type of diabetes may not be so good for those with another - for example Lucozade lowering the amount of sugar in their drink was good overall but not in terms of the drink being used to raise BG in a hypo situation, similarly low carb vs normal bread / biscuits etc
Low carb would be a much better filter

knoxy55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Anything to do with birds or feathers, whether to look at or eat.
Tesco have product filters online for vegetarians, pescatarians, vegans, low fat, no lactose, no gluten etc but do not have anything for diabetics other than sugar free.

I have emailed them and they have logged my idea and agreed it would be a good addition to have low carb and low GI index foods, but they need more people to want it.

So, can you please email

[email protected]

And tell them you would like to see low carb and/or low GI index filters on their online shop to make shopping easier online - any further advice on making online shopping to manage BG better would be great!

Thanks everyone!

knoxy55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Anything to do with birds or feathers, whether to look at or eat.
Hi BeBeautiful

Your idea is great and I have email TESCO as requested.

Susie 3

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

So, can you please email

[email protected]

Thanks everyone!
Good idea! I have just emailed them