Low Carb Snack (under 10g)

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I bolus for a lot of things but occasionally it’s good to be able to snack on things that don’t really affect my BG too much. I just came across these in Aldi and to my knowledge they’re the lowest carb snack bar out there. This is from Aldi in Kenmare, Kerry. As you can see I’ve eaten two already.
IMG_1528388138.057119.jpg

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I use them too (Im diagnosed T2 although the medics now say they arent sure) they have negligable impact on my BG as do the peanut variety

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bolus for a lot of things but occasionally it’s good to be able to snack on things that don’t really affect my BG too much. I just came across these in Aldi and to my knowledge they’re the lowest carb snack bar out there. This is from Aldi in Kenmare, Kerry. As you can see I’ve eaten two already. View attachment 26939

I've never actually checked the effect on my bg come to think of it, but I love them too. I liked that the lowest-carb ones (the ones you show) out of the 3 varieties they do also tasted the nicest to me. I think they are very pricey but a bargain compared to a lot of the low-carb / high protein snack bars out there!

LucyL 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't have a sweet tooth but these look as if they could be tasty.

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
What is the exact carb content?

I would like to know the carb content too because it is not listed on ingredients. I guess it would be a bit on the high side with all the nuts and sugar contents. The good thing is, it is gluten free.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Ellenw

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rudeness, spitting, dog poop on the pavement
oh... very interested..Must check if they are available at my local Aldi..