Basal Into Capillary

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I always used to go high if I hit a capillary...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
So "don't be daft, everything will be fine" was right? :) :)
Sorry, couldn't resist

Reactions: mountaintom

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tonight’s panic post: “hi guys should I be worried about a hypo if I inject into my eyeball”

Reactions: Sani Thomas

O_DP_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*** I did something similar at breakfast, must have hit a muscle or a 'quick absorption area'. Scan after breakfast and it's like 4.1 and crashing an there's 12u insulin on board NIGHTMARE!!!!

Reactions: mountaintom

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
*** I did something similar at breakfast, must have hit a muscle or a 'quick absorption area'. Scan after breakfast and it's like 4.1 and crashing an there's 12u insulin on board NIGHTMARE!!!!

Good luck!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I seem to be hitting more capillaries lately but no hypos on Toujeo300. In fact some rebounding Hypers. But cannot prove as not testing through the night.
I might need my uneven tummy checked soon from 146units of Toujeo300.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
When I was on lantus, I hit a capillary in my thigh once and it was totally fine. Blood, but no weird numbers. Asked my doctor after and she said capillaries are fine.

Reactions: ickihun

KevCB

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I seem to be hitting more capillaries lately but no hypos on Toujeo300. In fact some rebounding Hypers. But cannot prove as not testing through the night.
I might need my uneven tummy checked soon from 146units of Toujeo300.
I'm also on Toujeo and have hit capillaries - I've not noticed any rapid changes to my levels though so I wouldn't have thought this was the reason

sophc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all , before going on a pump I was on Lantus and this happened to me a couple of times and it’s pretty scary. I was 9.8 and injected my 16 units and it bled a lot. Within 15 minutes my sugars were 1.9 , so I was drinking Coke, eating jelly babies and all sorts to try and get it to go up. It took two hours but eventually it did , it was a scary time. I found that I had been injecting after a warm shower and so your veins and capillaries come to the surface more , so I used to avoid them before injecting after that!

Reactions: donnellysdogs