For People In Uk Bbc 1

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi program on last night on bbc 1 which you can get on bbc iplayer quite interesting if anyone wants to have a look only caught last 15 mins so will watch all today sometime.
IMG_0709.jpg

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Aye, great programme. There are a couple of threads on this already. Enjoy.

Reactions: dbr10

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I watched the first 30 minutes (had to switch to ITV to watch Corrie!), but I have recorded it so will watch it all later.
I did see our Dr David Unwin was interviewed. :)

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really found this programme a huge help. have only just been diagnosed pre diabetic. seeing the diabetic nurse this morning for the first time . Didn't realize about all the sugars in rice/pasta. its really opened my eyes. luckily i recorded it so can can watch it again.
Good luck. Treat any diet advice from DN with caution.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched it too, seemed to confirm what a lot of us know and practice, lets hope the decision makers at the NHS were watching too.

Reactions: Prem51

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Aye, great programme. There are a couple of threads on this already. Enjoy.
A quick trawl through various forum headings didn't reveal anything. Could you post some links to these threads? I'd quite like to see now this programme was received by our members.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Can't do links but if you got to 'One Show Discussion' or 'The Truth About Carbs' within the Discussions forum it is near the top.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Really found this programme a huge help. have only just been diagnosed pre diabetic. seeing the diabetic nurse this morning for the first time . Didn't realize about all the sugars in rice/pasta. its really opened my eyes. luckily i recorded it so can can watch it again.
Don't be surprised if you get conflicting (wrong) information from your DN as they are not all very well informed or up to date.

Reactions: dbr10

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: Prem51

Southport GP

Verified HCP
Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I watched the first 30 minutes (had to switch to ITV to watch Corrie!), but I have recorded it so will watch it all later.
I did see our Dr David Unwin was interviewed. :)
RE BBC 1 The Truth About Carbs
- I was nervous about this but I hope you agree the good folk of Kirby did us proud -amazing results in just weeks and some clear messages The idea is that its not just posh London folks who can succeed with our approach.