Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Barkingmad2 ,
I know this is off topic from your original question but:
I reckon your cardiac rehabilitation might involve some graduated exercise.
So that is something to discuss with your diabetes nurses if you are not sure about how to adjust your insulin for this exercise.
And learn how to recognise and treat a 'hypo'( = hypoglycaemia - low sugar/glucose level in the blood) if it should happen. There is a section on site about hypo's.
For exercise some people on insulin, 1) eat some extra food to cope with the tendency for exercise to make insulin more effective and causes lower BSLs. With your diet and wish (=need) to lose weight that may not be the best option)
2) Others ease back the insulin dose(s) that would be working from the exercise time and for the next 6 to 12 hours as blood sugar drops( and hypos) can occur some 4 to 12 hours after and the effect can be up to 24 hours plus in some diabetics.
3) a combination of 1) and 2).
Enjoy the rehabilitation and watch the new you emerge !!

Blackers183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Commercial television
I’d be thinking reduce your carbs (to reduce weight) and reduce your insulin because of lower carbs. However you should discuss this with your health team before proceeding, they might not want you to have a high fat or protein diet given your heart problems. Extremely important to keep accurate records of what you are eating (particularly carb grams) and your insulin doses, from these records adjustments can be made accordingly.

I’d recommend the same amount of carbs (grams) each meal if you can, overall becomes just a bit more manageable.