Today Is May 21st - Surgery Date for....

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I wish Daisy a complete and speedy recovery, all the best, lass. Xx

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hope all goes well and that you have a speedy recovery

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much everyone. I'm home now but only able to sit at PC for about twenty mins at a time.
Operation took ten hours and the surgeons say I did well. Very slow progress but I can walk around the garden a bit. Not allowed to lift anything or drive for six weeks.
One bonus is I have actually lost six kg !
I did ask the surgeon if he had sneaked a gastric bypass in there as I could only eat a tiny amount... this is slowly getting better though.
They tell me there were good margins on the cancer so hopefully the prognosis is good.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I missed this thread the first time, so I'll send some nice good recovery thoughts your way!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad to see you home and recovering from that ordeal, but take it easy. The news from the surgeon sounds very positive. :)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much everyone. I'm home now but only able to sit at PC for about twenty mins at a time.
Operation took ten hours and the surgeons say I did well. Very slow progress but I can walk around the garden a bit. Not allowed to lift anything or drive for six weeks.
One bonus is I have actually lost six kg !
I did ask the surgeon if he had sneaked a gastric bypass in there as I could only eat a tiny amount... this is slowly getting better though.
They tell me there were good margins on the cancer so hopefully the prognosis is good.
Excellent news.. big hug coming your way and a speedy recovery too.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant news daisyduck take it easy now and get well soon xx

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Thoughts are with you @daisyduck.. when do you get seen for a follow up? How are wounds?
Xx

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thoughts are with you @daisyduck.. when do you get seen for a follow up? How are wounds?
Xx
Thanks @donnellysdogs I see the first surgeon on 20th June and the renal surgeon in a couple of months. Wound is enormous .. from just under my breastbone down to my pubic area. Took 44 clips but it has healed amazingly well. I put that down to my fitness, skin care, keto diet. High dose vit C , Tumeric and R-ALA

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Thanks @donnellysdogs I see the first surgeon on 20th June and the renal surgeon in a couple of months. Wound is enormous .. from just under my breastbone down to my pubic area. Took 44 clips but it has healed amazingly well. I put that down to my fitness, skin care, keto diet. High dose vit C , Tumeric and R-ALA
Hi @daisyduck glad your surgery went well keep up with the healthy eating and hopefully your wound will heal quickly. All the best.
Ziggy

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Do have a look a pomi-t tablets. Recommended by leading Oncologist Professor Robert Thomas. I was unable to take the hormone cancer tablets. I have been taking these instead and I have now been discharged from care from breast cancer unit with no evidence of disease and no more follow ups because I am a "flattie"....
All within 32 months. Had bone scan results as all clear. My Professor told me I am the perfect patient!!! (Despite not taking and putting up with the hormone tablets. I do contribute this to Pomi-T helping me as things in my life have always been chaotic and with hubbys sudden death, at 51, even more so. To get discharged and NED for me is down to the pomi-t especially as I am a very erratic sort of eater!! -well at least, not classified as normal!

The wound is long! But glad you are healing. I hope all goes well for your appointments and for your continued healing.

Much love. Xx