Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

bassamaklan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi its been a while since posting my fasting reading due to Ramadan in my country and the changing in diets timing.
my readings are as follows:
After long day fasting, about 15 hours, I start my first meal at 6:40pm and this is my best part of the day which my pre and post meal readings are the same, about 5.7, even with high carb. Then my second meal at 3am then start fasting at 4am again.My numbers after this meal are not that great because I stay awake all night and sleep in the morning, my bg reaches to 8.9 even after 5 hours of meal but it goes back to 5s at the rest of the day.
This is the summary for my readings this month, but when I check with yours, it seems that you are doing great.
@ally1 you are on great progress, keep it like that dear.
@Rachox its obvious that you are dominating the league. High five for you.
All the best for all of you guys.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi its been a while since posting my fasting reading due to Ramadan in my country and the changing in diets timing.
my readings are as follows:
After long day fasting, about 15 hours, I start my first meal at 6:40pm and this is my best part of the day which my pre and post meal readings are the same, about 5.7, even with high carb. Then my second meal at 3am then start fasting at 4am again.My numbers after this meal are not that great because I stay awake all night and sleep in the morning, my bg reaches to 8.9 even after 5 hours of meal but it goes back to 5s at the rest of the day.
This is the summary for my readings this month, but when I check with yours, it seems that you are doing great.
@ally1 you are on great progress, keep it like that dear.
@Rachox its obvious that you are dominating the league. High five for you.
All the best for all of you guys.

Thanks for your vote of confidence, but there are many others achieving 4s way more regularly than me and some who may never get there but still get good HbA1cs. I do like a bit of number crunching but we all have to remember it’s not a battle with each other but with our Diabetes, that’s how I like to think of it anyway :)

Reactions: DJC3 and Prem51

bassamaklan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for your vote of confidence, but there are many others achieving 4s way more regularly than me and some who may never get there but still get good HbA1cs. I do like a bit of number crunching but we all have to remember it’s not a battle with each other but with our Diabetes, that’s how I like to think of it anyway :)
Totally agree with what you have said. It is not a battle between us, its against diabetes and any who reaches new goal, it becomes victory and new hope for others and thats my point. Because of you guys, I convinced my sister, and my doctor to cut medications and start the track of healthy diets which have great results on their quality of life.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 7.7 at 0420. :bag:
I was tempted into buying a chocolate grenache tart. I'll stick with the OPPO from now.

Edit: After a mug of coffee with double cream and a 5 mile walk it was 6.5 at 1125, on TEE2.

Last edited: