Car Insurance

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you I will do but looking for companies that specifically deal with diabetes.
I am type 2 but I don't remember being asked any questions about diabetes when getting quotes for car insurance.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
By all means check price comparison sites but also check sites that do not advertise on comparison sites as these can often offer better deals.

joanne75

I have just done some quotes declaring it and not and it’s £120 more I was under the impression there were companies who supplied diabetics with insurance and not whacked the price up I’ll google it, yes you do have to declare t1 not sure about t2

D

Deleted Account

I always tell the insurance company I have diabetes but don’t think it makes a big difference in my quote.
I just use comparison sites ... an check out a few that don’t advertise there.

Draco16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have just done some quotes declaring it and not and it’s £120 more I was under the impression there were companies who supplied diabetics with insurance and not whacked the price up I’ll google it, yes you do have to declare t1 not sure about t2

Hi, take your pick of a couple of comparison sites and see what you get. When doing your quote don't declare you're T1. When you want to go ahead and purchase do it by phone. Once you've run through the details at that point declare. I've done this numerous times and the premium has never been increased. They would be in a potentially very awkward position if they did.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sometimes the automated systems exclude companies who computer can not automatically quote for someone with diabetes. Hence some of the cheaper insurance companies may not to be included if you tick the box on the comparison sites.

joanne75

[QUOTE
Thank you took your advice and it didn’t change

Draco16, post: 1807687, member: 467776"]Hi, take your pick of a couple of comparison sites and see what you get. When doing your quote don't declare you're T1. When you want to go ahead and purchase do it by phone. Once you've run through the details at that point declare. I've done this numerous times and the premium has never been increased. They would be in a potentially very awkward position if they did.[/QUOTE]

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My premium was not increased by LV when I told them taking insulin and on a 3 year licence they said no problem