2018/19 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Ok I know its early but I just thought I'd start this thread now and we can share the new signings that our clubs make this summer. Town have signed a goalie from Leicester City his name is Ben Hamer. Hopefully he will star along side Lossl and help us to have a better season. :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
New fixtures due out for the Prem next Weds @jay hay-char wonder what sort of a start we'll both get mate. I doubt we'll have a repeat of last season and win our first 2 games and sit top of table. Hopefully we will. UTT.
I reckon all the lower league fixtures will be out sooner they usually are. @Cumberland @zand and @Lamont D keep us posted on who you'll be playing and new signings :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
New fixtures due out for the Prem next Weds @jay hay-char wonder what sort of a start we'll both get mate. I doubt we'll have a repeat of last season and win our first 2 games and sit top of table. Hopefully we will. UTT.
I reckon all the lower league fixtures will be out sooner they usually are. @Cumberland @zand and @Lamont D keep us posted on who you'll be playing and new signings :)
We have signed a loan player from last season, we have resigned our keeper, two midfielders and a centre half that Carlisle were interested in.
We have lost our main striker and cut the squad by at least ten players.
Our manager was touted for the St. Mitten job, but Stubbs got it! (Phew!)
We have seven pre season friendlies. Of which, one is the usual Liverpoo game, but it is being played on the same day as one of the World cup semi-final. And of course the reds players on world cup duty won't be there!
As usual, the football season is twelve months long now!

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We have signed a loan player from last season, we have resigned our keeper, two midfielders and a centre half that Carlisle were interested in.
We have lost our main striker and cut the squad by at least ten players.
Our manager was touted for the St. Mitten job, but Stubbs got it! (Phew!)
We have seven pre season friendlies. Of which, one is the usual Liverpoo game, but it is being played on the same day as one of the World cup semi-final. And of course the reds players on world cup duty won't be there!
As usual, the football season is twelve months long now!

Sounds like you been busy already lol. Re friendlies well we have the usual Accrington Stanley warm up and one with Bury. We seem to like Lancashire warm ups :D I dare Wagner will be taking the lads abroad as well in July as per usual. The local rag will keep us informed of any developments. Waiting with bated breath for June 14th and the new fixtures.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sounds like you been busy already lol. Re friendlies well we have the usual Accrington Stanley warm up and one with Bury. We seem to like Lancashire warm ups :D I dare Wagner will be taking the lads abroad as well in July as per usual. The local rag will keep us informed of any developments. Waiting with bated breath for June 14th and the new fixtures.

We have five of our seven pre season games against Lancashire teams.

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Huddersfield Town manager David Wagner says the club has made "a big statement" by making defender Terence Kongolo their club-record signing.

The Netherlands international, 24, ended last term on loan from Monaco and helped the Terriers avoid relegation in their inaugural Premier League season.

He has now joined Town permanently on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Wagner said: "We knew he was a top player when we brought him in on loan. However, he exceeded our expectations."

Hopefully a well spent wedge of money. Just need a few more now and we might be a team to be reckoned with next season :)

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
New fixtures are out today and our first game is Home to Chelsea oh my goodness can we scrape a point like we did at end of last season. 2nd game is Man City another 1 we drew with and sealed survival. How uncanny would it be to get a point from both :D
We play Saints 22nd December @jay hay-char its at ours. And would you look at that our last match will be at St Mary's hopefully both of us will be well out of the relegation zone and wont matter :D

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
New fixtures are out today and our first game is Home to Chelsea oh my goodness can we scrape a point like we did at end of last season. 2nd game is Man City another 1 we drew with and sealed survival. How uncanny would it be to get a point from both :D
We play Saints 22nd December @jay hay-char its at ours. And would you look at that our last match will be at St Mary's hopefully both of us will be well out of the relegation zone and wont matter :D
A nice, easy finish for us, then . But I agree - hopefully we'll both be well clear of the drop zone. I see that fighting at Goodwood recently is being blamed on Saints and Pompey fans disagreeing with each other . Might or might not be true I suppose, but there was precious little evidence to support the allegation. Football supporters are always a nice, easy target though, aren't they?

Reactions: Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
A nice, easy finish for us, then . But I agree - hopefully we'll both be well clear of the drop zone. I see that fighting at Goodwood recently is being blamed on Saints and Pompey fans disagreeing with each other . Might or might not be true I suppose, but there was precious little evidence to support the allegation. Football supporters are always a nice, easy target though, aren't they?

Yeah they are indeed. Without a lot of evidence how could they make anything stick.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exodus at Carlisle United as 11 players leave and no new signings that I know of yet
I feel your pain, Ian. As you know, the Saints have been there on several occasions. Not much sign of depleted ranks yet, this summer, although that might be due to the fact that there's nobody left worth nicking. Yoshida reportedly turned down a lucrative offer to play in Saudi Arabia - but you would, wouldn't you? . Gabbiadini has also reportedly said he's happy at St Mary's so he'll probably be off any day now .... Lots of noise when Mark Hughes was appointed but silence since then. What a surprise

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
We have signed an Egyptian from Stoke City. He'll join us after the World Cup. He scored the equaliser against us on Boxing day. No other new signings as yet.