Type 2 With Insulin

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
For approx 6 months I've been seriously eating the Keto way. I have been happy with the results, until the last couple of morning's b.g. Readings. I reduced insulin very gradually approx every 5 days because b.g. Readings were very good., 1 week ago I stopped insulin completely, readings were still good, until yesterday morning I woke up to a 9.2bg, 2 hours later after no breakfast, but 2 cups of tea + meds it was 9.5. This morning it is 9.1 and that is 12 hours after fasting. I was hoping not to have to inject again. My HBA1C last week was 47 & kidney function good. My usual breakfast is 2 scrambled eggs with cream & a knob of butter, sometimes with bacon. I don't have lunch because I'm not hungry Eve meal is usually, tinned fish/small amount of meat with salad + Mayo ... I might have triangle of cheese during eve or a few olives. I have been known to have 1 sq of Aldi very dark chocolate, maybe once a week.

I'd be very interested in any comments and advice.

Reactions: Julie27318

Jenny15

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Jazz music, science denial, and running out of coffee.
Is it possible you could have an infection somewhere that is not yet symptomatic? I don't know how long you were on insulin but I imagine you found there were ups and downs due to infection, stress, or sometimes random things.

MARGAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Is it possible you could have an infection somewhere that is not yet symptomatic? I don't know how long you were on insulin but I imagine you found there were ups and downs due to infection, stress, or sometimes random things.
I had been injecting for roughly 20 years. I have no symptoms of any infections or stress, in fact I feel really good. Thanks for your reply, it was much appreciated.