Update On Blood Sugar Test.

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm not quite sure where to put this thread but it's just an update on my recent blood glucose results.

I saw our doctor today who also deals with the Diabetes cases at our surgery. He's referred me to a Diabetic Clinic as he just wants to be sure because of the low reading. I'm happy with that and at least he's keeping a check on things for me and he did wonder if the machine used to check my glucose could have overread it. He said, (which I did wonder myself and he agreed with me when I mentioned it), that my body was so used to producing that much Insulin that now, my lifestyle has changed and I no longer eat the junk and sugar that I did, that it's possibly having to readjust..hence the low reading. He thinks I may be overproducing Insulin until my body catches up with my new way of eating, etc.

Thank goodness we have a great team where we live. Fingers crossed, it will just be a blip but at least they are doing this for me.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
He's referred me to a Diabetic Clinic as he just wants to be sure because of the low reading.

Well done on the lower readings, have you cut your carb intake and were you on anything like Gliclazide or Januvia?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
May I ask what the reading/s was, please?

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on the lower readings, have you cut your carb intake and were you on anything like Gliclazide or Januvia?
Thanks David. No, I wasn't on anything. I'd already been off the medication for a while. It wasn't long after I changed my eating habits and started losing the weight that all my Diabetic medication became unnecessary.

Aldebaran

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May I ask what the reading/s was, please?
The reading Guzzler was 2.2 and that's why our doctor has referred me to the Diabetic Clinic. Every other result was okay.