Tresiba, Dawn Phenomenon, Split Dosing

scotteric

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
He couldnt even realise that the cannulas were the problem.... not the pump, not the way it worked.

This is absolutely a legitimate problem and it is hardly given any attention. My problems were never as serious as many, but I'm a lean guy and would often get bleeding, painful sites that didn't absorb well for me. People would tell me to try other areas of my body than my abdomen, but everywhere else was far worse. I tried my butt which led to painful bleeding occlusions, tried my legs which led to painful large welts that would take weeks to months to heal. I tried steel sets but I could feel the needle in me and couldn't get them to last even a day before occluding. None of these artificial pancreas systems are going to work well if the pump companies cannot find a better way to infuse insulin, and I don't think there has been any real progress since the late 1980s in infusion technology.

Reactions: donnellysdogs

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
This is absolutely a legitimate problem and it is hardly given any attention. My problems were never as serious as many, but I'm a lean guy and would often get bleeding, painful sites that didn't absorb well for me. People would tell me to try other areas of my body than my abdomen, but everywhere else was far worse. I tried my butt which led to painful bleeding occlusions, tried my legs which led to painful large welts that would take weeks to months to heal. I tried steel sets but I could feel the needle in me and couldn't get them to last even a day before occluding. None of these artificial pancreas systems are going to work well if the pump companies cannot find a better way to infuse insulin, and I don't think there has been any real progress since the late 1980s in infusion technology.

Glad its not just me!! I couldnt tolerate flex ones as they peranently bent! Steel just blocked.. knew if painful to chsnge.. but thankfully they did work great initially... I could never use in stomach, even though very rarely ever used in 30+ years... too firm and muscly. Although lost some muscle uts too lean and too hard.

Used to annoy me whwn people havve said t me "but children arent all fat!!" But neither do they have the muscle mass of me, deapite being a female. I'm
not a gym person either!!

Honestly you've made my day... but so sorry that a pump isnt answer for you either!!

Applenerd81

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs
I gave up on splitting throughout the day, it just wasn’t working for me. Back to injecting a few hours before bed (still in shots <7iu). Things are looking much better today! Still need a unit or so as soon as I wake...

IMG_3821.jpg

Reactions: donnellysdogs