Diabetics R Us

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Alan's had his op, we're back home. He can't drive for 24 hours or drink alcohol but has to keep getting up and moving about.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's the normal punishment for trying to smuggle Class A diabetics into the Netherlands? And if @heh got caught out, would we be confiscated and stored in an evidence room for the rest of our lives? I'd like to know the risks and hazards before I commit :)
Now, hang on. With the threat of Brexit hanging over us I'm not willing to be a diabetics mule and not be allowed back into mainland Europe if we get caught :hilarious:

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What's the normal punishment for trying to smuggle Class A diabetics into the Netherlands? And if @heh got caught out, would we be confiscated and stored in an evidence room for the rest of our lives? I'd like to know the risks and hazards before I commit :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I lived in Sandwich for a few years was stationed at RAF Manston .my son was born at Margate hospital.

I however like some others here was born and bread in Scouser Land.
Another one for for scouers reunited anymore of us and we will be able to start our own thread

Reactions: LooperCat

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another one for for scouers reunited anymore of us and we will be able to start our own thread

You can add me to the born and bred in Scouser Land list.

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to start a "Scousers R Us" thread though :)

Reactions: karen8967

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My husband spent 3 years there, at university. Me? I am Lancashire born and bred. Apart from a sojourn in Derbyshire whilst at college and a year or two following, I have always lived in Lancashire.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and heh

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I lived in Sandwich for a few years was stationed at RAF Manston .my son was born at Margate hospital.

I however like some others here was born and bread in Scouser Land.
We live in one of the houses that used to be RAF Sandwich

Reactions: JohnEGreen

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Picture of Sandwich Quay this afternoon
20180615_142449.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sailing was great today , group is wonderful to sail and have fun with, and their cooking is delicious! They arrived between 8 and 9.30 yesterday night and cooked pizza and salad from scratch. So we had dinner at 11.30 and I somehow managed to keep my bg in the green zone :)
This morning we set sail first and had breakfast on the water, Greek yoghurt with a very little fruit to nudge up bg after setting sail. Perfect. Lunch was around 3.30, freshly made gazpacho, freshly baked bread and olives. Guessed insulin dose. The white bread in the gazpacho compensated nicely for my winning action with the pizza last night and I shot up higher than I've ever been in the last three months, corrected and then we proceeded to change sails, gybe and tack, leaving me with an arrow straight down on my libre and going below 5 with a downward arrow by the time we reached the harbour where we had to tack, lower sails and moore the ship all at the same time as we didn't want to use the motor.
All the more interesting with an impending hypo , but I had instructed the guests very well about how to work the ship and informed my skipper it could happen that he may have only the guests to work with.
Turned out perfect at 5.1 , so never mind the spike before.
In half an hour I may try my hand at injecting for risotto. Wish me luck!

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
One of the semis?
If my memory serves me well, yes in one of the semi's

After leaving the RAF we had a motor caravan and went back to Sandwich for a visit where we parked up at one point is on the Quay shown in your photo.

Reactions: heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I, too, was born and bred in Liverpool. I grew up in Stoney Croft (near Old Swan) and left the Pool in my early twenties. I have lived in Yorkshire since then and consider myself a Yorkie but with a lovely rounded Scouse accent. I would love to start a thread entitled 'Desperate Scousewives' just like the radio programme. :)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I, too, was born and bred in Liverpool. I grew up in Stoney Croft (near Old Swan) and left the Pool in my early twenties. I have lived in Yorkshire since then and consider myself a Yorkie but with a lovely rounded Scouse accent. I would love to start a thread entitled 'Desperate Scousewives' just like the radio programme. :)

You were just down the road from me. My school bus (remember the 68?) went along Green Lane so I passed there most days of the week.

Oh, the memories. Kwik Save on the corner of Green Lane, Lister Drive swimming pool, Newsham Park, jumpers for goalposts...

I also headed east at about 20, to study in Sheffield.

Reactions: JohnEGreen and heh

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You were just down the road from me. My school bus (remember the 68?) went along Green Lane so I passed there most days of the week.

Oh, the memories. Kwik Save on the corner of Green Lane, Lister Drive swimming pool, Newsham Park, jumpers for goalposts...

I also headed east at about 20, to study in Sheffield.
I taught my eldest to swim in Lister Drive Baths. Did you ever go to the Silver Blades Ice Rink?