Medtronic Reps

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry bit of a rant today was supposed to my start date for my 640g but for some reason or other the rep carnt make it some form of leave this has got me down so much today thankfully a job opportunity arrised but I wanted to give some time to get ust to the new pump iron out any issues
The nurse says I'm top priorty(what ever that means but I'm on hold indefinitely until the rep decides to reappear
Has any else had to go though this with a new pump and the rep and if u did how long did it take
Im debating weather to order for pods tomorrow for my dreaded omnipod I was so looking for to not having to wear one again I was so looking forward to having a decent pump as I the omnipod with a passion
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Sorry to hear that @glavesr its unfortunate that after the build up its been let down by the rep taking leave, I don't really have any advice except to keep speaking to your DSN to see when they are due to return and be prepared for the time when they do. Leave could be anything it could be holiday, illness or bereavement and I doubt it would of been taken unless necessary, the rep for my area was a nurse before working for Medtronic and is sympathetic towards the needs of the patients, it's a fact of life that they have to take time off as we all do, however be patient and I'm sure it will be sorted soon for you.

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Here hoping 9 years has been a long time to wait for the a day but If anything I will be speaking to her about whether to order any more omnipods hopefully she will have a rough idea about how long I will be left in insulin pump limbo

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry bit of a rant today was supposed to my start date for my 640g but for some reason or other the rep carnt make it some form of leave this has got me down so much today thankfully a job opportunity arrised but I wanted to give some time to get ust to the new pump iron out any issues
The nurse says I'm top priorty(what ever that means but I'm on hold indefinitely until the rep decides to reappear
Has any else had to go though this with a new pump and the rep and if u did how long did it take
Im debating weather to order for pods tomorrow for my dreaded omnipod I was so looking for to not having to wear one again I was so looking forward to having a decent pump as I the omnipod with a passion

How frustrating for you. I feel your pain as when going onto my first pump the date was put back by months due to staff illness. You will get there in the end!
I hope you don’t mind me asking what it is that you don’t like about the OmniPod as I have the choice between Medtronic 640g and OmniPod and am electing for the pod?
Thanks and good luck with getting sorted
Nikki

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
For me it the depth of the cannula it doesn't go in deep enough and also I hate the Pdm it's can be a pain when the pod is on your back or thigh always saying it can't connect it doesn't show how much insulin it has given unless cancelled and to be honest I've always had my heart set in a minimed or accucheck tubed pump

Colin of Kent

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
That's bad luck, and I'm sorry it's getting you down. I wonder whether the general pump situation here in the UK is partly to blame, as they're still a relatively niche bit of kit, hence there may not be such an extensive corporate support network developed yet, as there would be in the states, perhaps.

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
To my knowledge I think their only a few working in the area my hospital is in with it being a small town

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@glavesr I was put on my pump by my DSN, not the Medtronic rep. I'm surprised your DSN isn't trained to do the same. You must feel so frustrated!

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Extremily for every new pump the hospital get the rep in was the same with my omnipod had the rep present
to make it worse the dsn has mentioned that my pump is sat all shiny and unopened ready on her desk all she needs is the rep

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Quick update yesterday I was told the rep has booked the training appointment for the 29 of this month so I have to 8 days and all being well this time I should be going live on the 640g
Thanks for all the help guys

Zazzy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
If you had possession of that new pump, your old pump’s settings and a YouTube video could get it done.

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
At my hospital my nurse wouldnt give me the pump until the rep was present and the reps paper work was signed which was done Friday

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I knew it was going to be a rant from the title lol I was with medtronic for 4 years then animas for 4 and now back with medtronic for past 2.. I remember when I very first started the rep wanted to start me with water instead of insulin (after 6 months of waiting for funding and start date) I had a huge row as I was literally injecting 20 times a day and didn't care if the thing hurt! Then I asked about sensor and she hadn't even brought the sensor stuff with her so I had to wait for another week to start on that! This time when I met the rep to start on the pump she forgot to tell me that I can remote bolus from my meter! I would have thought that should have been near top of the list of things to tell me when setting up the meter! But hey ho.. I think the medtronic pump is good and I'm hoping to change to the 670g when it comes out as that is the first pump which will automatically make adjustments depending on your blood sugar (when connected to cgm) so if you can hang on til august they might have done you a favour by not showing up.. good luck!

glavesr

Type of diabetes
Type 1
No I have the pump now plus my hospital wouldn't fund the sensors for the 640g so as it stands at the minute I have the libre for a year so the 670 really makes little diffrence to me at the moment plus the dsn had the pump I was basically waiting for the rep to sign the paper my hospital requires
But to be honest I have it now I've been on the 640g one week and loving it apart from a bit of up and down with my basal but the libre with come in handy with tht

Reactions: crashinduction