Rice And Pizza

Brillpaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Tried cauliflower rice with parsley and fried egg
and later.....
Cauliflower based pizza

Just dipping my toe in the water with promising results.

Yeah

Reactions: donnellysdogs

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I havn't tried pizza with a cauli base but I love Fathead pizza. Yum yum, well done on making the changes that count.

Reactions: hankjam

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love fathead pizza too! Better than traditional pizza in my opinion. Low carbing has made my cooking way more interesting and experimental than it ever was before :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Gonna have to try it sometime soon.. either.. or both.
;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never understood the fascination with pizza. It isn't something I have eaten. I found it boring. I'm one of those weirdos that likes all my food items separate on a plate, not all mixed together.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve never understood the fascination with trying to invent substitutes for food.

A pizza is made on a dough base.

Rice is rice.

Trying to invent substandard imitations seems bonkers to me.

I can’t eat Pizza, I can’t eat Rice. I’m comfortable with that and won’t waste precious time and energy trying to pretend I can have them.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK, so I've looked up this fat head dough and can only find recipes where you have to microwave at certain stages in the assembly process. I've never had a microwave. Does anyone make this without using one? Can you direct me to a recipe?

I love pizza and either miss it or make it and suffer the fall-out at the moment.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
OK, so I've looked up this fat head dough and can only find recipes where you have to microwave at certain stages in the assembly process. I've never had a microwave. Does anyone make this without using one? Can you direct me to a recipe?

I love pizza and either miss it or make it and suffer the fall-out at the moment.

The fathead dough is a trifle lardy, even for me! So now I make it using my 90 second microwave bread recipe, but bake it instead in an 8” springform tin.

60g almond flour or ground almonds
2 beaten eggs
Seasoning and herbs to taste

Just mix the ingredients and pour into the tin, and bake at 180C until it’s cooked but not brown. Take off the sides, top the pizza and cook as normal.

@britishpub substitutes don’t have to be substandard :)