Advise Please

Bigjohnjo

Does anybody know if this is safe to eat for breakfast. I have been recently diagnosed type 2 and on metformin. After testing my bg found that bread really spikes me. As most cereal is full of carbs, as I have found out. I am looking for something to fulfill me rather that the yoghurt and berries. I wouldn’t say I’m overweight but losing a few pounds wouldn’t help.
IMG_2209.jpg
IMG_2209.jpg

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What is the carb value per 100g or per serving?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Bigjohnjo Not sure about pancake mix - what is the 'sweet' ingredient, if it's sugar, glucose powder then i'd avoid, I use the protein powder to make my own pancakes using the unflavoured/unsweetened, so mix an egg, milk and fry up a pancake this way, then add berries.

Reactions: Bigjohnjo

Bigjohnjo

Hi @Bigjohnjo Not sure about pancake mix - what is the 'sweet' ingredient, if it's sugar, glucose powder then i'd avoid, I use the protein powder to make my own pancakes using the unflavoured/unsweetened, so mix an egg, milk and fry up a pancake this way, then add berries.

Cheers

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
All the nutritional info will (or should be) on the back).

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Their website says 5.6g carbs per serving.

Reactions: Bigjohnjo

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
They say 2 scoops of the powder. No idea how many pancakes you get for that, never used it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe that there is a pancake recipe with eggs and cream cheese, served sprinkled with granular sweetener and lemon juice which is supposed to be good.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Egg & bacon or egg and ham for breakfast for me, sometimes with added mushrooms or tomato - or coffee with cream and a couple of bits of ham if I'm in a rush.

annscullamus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I vitamin a variety of nuts, add sunflower seeds, coconut and a bit of erythritol and have that in a bowl wish some raspberries, milk and a bit of cream, it tastes like granola and is quickly made and easier than cooking to make toasted granola. I did a batch this morning and it keeps well in the fridge for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: lindijanice