Type 1 Hba1c 5.8%!

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just had my results back, and I felt like sharing because its this forum that enlightened me, the weekend after coming home. Its my first HBa1c after my two year diaversary (which I missed/ forgot).

Two years ago I felt a little lost, sent home with minimal information and I was a little worried. I skimmed this forum, started learning then joined. While I have been a little distant this year I still skim now and then. I will make an effort to comment and help more as it really does provide insight to others (I hope my insight is worth it!).

But since my original Diag two whole years ago I have not had a single 'red' HBA1c, and this is completely down to two things: Knowledge and Gadgets! I want to stress to anyone reading this who is having a bad day with their levels that its not walk in the park but staying 'green' is possible and worth it. If a 24 year old who had to be told the difference between a type one and two two years ago can go 'green' after a month anyone can!

Knowledge is power, and special shoutout to the dexcom for providing insider knowledge to make decisions easier!

Thank you forum members. May the learning continue :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@ElkBond thats the result of a lot of hard work so well done.

Reactions: ElkBond

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Fantastic. Great to hear.

Reactions: ElkBond

ElkBond

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ElkBond thats the result of a lot of hard work so well done.

Its not been the easiest, midnight walks to get levels down after a dodgy meal, sitting in a meetings watching the Dexcom rise up and being unable to make a fuss. I don’t think one client or supplier has even noticed, this is what Makes me feel good, its not I’m embarrassed, just makes me feel normal, especially when I go out somewhere and there is spontaneous food, I usually have it.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just had my results back, and I felt like sharing because its this forum that enlightened me, the weekend after coming home. Its my first HBa1c after my two year diaversary (which I missed/ forgot).

Two years ago I felt a little lost, sent home with minimal information and I was a little worried. I skimmed this forum, started learning then joined. While I have been a little distant this year I still skim now and then. I will make an effort to comment and help more as it really does provide insight to others (I hope my insight is worth it!).

But since my original Diag two whole years ago I have not had a single 'red' HBA1c, and this is completely down to two things: Knowledge and Gadgets! I want to stress to anyone reading this who is having a bad day with their levels that its not walk in the park but staying 'green' is possible and worth it. If a 24 year old who had to be told the difference between a type one and two two years ago can go 'green' after a month anyone can!

Knowledge is power, and special shoutout to the dexcom for providing insider knowledge to make decisions easier!

Thank you forum members. May the learning continue :)

Wow well done -and yes this forum is gold , nowhere else have I found so many supporting great people , we all need to give some back to all the new commers ... and tell Them how to gain control and stay healthy , initially it is so hard , but changing foodstyle really gives great results

Reactions: Prem51