Not “feeling” pregnant

eeb123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everyone,
Anyone else been pregnant and everything been fine but not “felt” pregnant?
I am 5.5 weeks so obviously very early but I don’t feel any different (other than rather tired and grumpy!). I don’t have sickness or painful boobs etc. I know I should be grateful but I am just awfully worried that something is wrong.
Any stories/support would be really appreciated.
Thank you,xx

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey I am 9+4 weeks now and literally feel fine apart from tired very tired but may also be because I have two kids the youngest being one ! Have blue veins on my boobs but that’s it ....
I did feel nuseous just for about two weeks about 5-6 weeks but that’s now ended boobs hurt when I was due on well my nipples hurt and boobs felt heavy ... previously with my other two I was puking every second of every day so this makes me nervous .... Iv had 3 scams so far saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks and had my last scan 2 weeks all looked fine but I’m still nervous for 12 week scan in a few weeks ! But so far baby looks
Ok with my minimal symptoms!
Wishing you lots of luck ... also with my boys my morning sickness didn’t start until 5 weeks with one and 6 with the other ... can start at any time so we are not out yet
Xxx

Reactions: eeb123

Ellie_Wilko

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve never felt pregnant with either of mine! I always say if it wasn’t for the obvious lack of periods in the first few months I literally wouldn’t know I was pregnant!

I feel grateful that I don’t suffer with sickness of any other horrid symptoms that other people seem to get however it is abit scary literally not feeling any different, always makes you doubt whether everything is ok

Reactions: Jenny15 and eeb123

eeb123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you everyone - this is making me feel better.
I just need to remain positive until there is a reason to not be!
Xx

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Five and a half weeks - oh my - oh my dear - I laughed - gently, and I shed a tear too - fondly - and I wish you every possible symptom of pregnancy - though that might mean spending next Christmas with what feels like a potential footballer using your bladder to practice heading a ball and kicking at your ribs as though for a penalty shoot out - they do say be careful what you wish for as you might just get it.
I had no morning sickness at all, but felt a bit queasy in the evenings when I was a bit tired, or if I smelt diesel exhaust fumes - but that was after about 6 months - the 'classic' signs of pregnancy are not what everyone experiences.

Styles23

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am currently 28 weeks pregnant, and don’t feel it only when he decides to do somersaults in my belly from time to time .

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, you must be grateful. According to my grandmother females were not feeling week in old times. As a working lady, I also want a healthy pregnant condition just like you.

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Wow....be glad you feel ok! I felt nauseous for first 16 weeks. We have enough to think about with control without feeling rubbish so enjoy feeling normal!

eeb123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@KatriceOrtmeier & @hboyt I totally appreciate what you’re saying, however having been through a loss before if feeling sick means I get a healthy baby I would rather that...I’m not just being weird and wanting to feel unwell for the sake of it haha!

hboyt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I've had friends who like you feel fine and have normal pregnancies and healthy babies