Vegetarian Vs Carnivorous Dieting Plan?

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
In last 6 months, I got some extra weight. One reason is my marriage and second is no physical activity at the workplace. Now, I have decided to shed off my weight. According to my husband, I should go with a vegetarian diet plan to get quick results, but I don't like veggies. You can also call me a carnivore. Yes, I love meat.

Actually, after two months my husband has a plan to go for vacations with me, but before this journey, he wants to look at me in perfect shape. He has already searched this vegetarian diet plan for me.

I have argued a lot with him, but he always comes with real facts and researches. Do you guys have any substantial argument in favour of a carnivorous diet? Because eating veggies and having veggies soups is just like a nightmare for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Your settings say you are Type 1 but on diet only. Please can you confirm which is correct? They can't both be!

As for losing weight, it is neither carnivore nor vegetarian .... it means cutting carbohydrates as they are the main culprits in weight matters. Ask your husband to research that!

Reactions: KatriceOrtmeier
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Your settings say you are Type 1 but on a diet only. Please, can you confirm which is correct? They can't both be!

As for losing weight, it is neither carnivore nor vegetarian .... it means cutting carbohydrates as they are the main culprits in weight matters. Ask your husband to research that!
Just fixed my info. Maybe this happened as I joined any forum first time. My dad is suffering because of diabetes, and according to doctors, I could be a diabetic, so I thought prevention is better than cure. However, this is a personal kind of question, not much related to that issue.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I would be a little upset if my husband suggested I needed to lose weight for a holiday - and picked a diet plan...

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would be a little upset if my husband suggested I needed to lose weight for a holiday - and picked a diet plan...

He is not an obsessed man, but yes, he likes to fit women. I also love him a lot and don't make my relationship into any trouble on little things. I don't mind his dictatorship on the issue of fitness.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Insisting on weight loss aside (and I appreciate you’re newly married, but that’s a massive red flag from a husband), a diet that high in carbohydrates is not a great idea if your doctors tell you that you may be heading for diabetes. Have a look into a low carb, healthy fat way of eating instead, dietdoctor.com is a great site, and many people here have not only lost considerable amounts of weight on it, but eliminated their risk of diabetes too. Win:win!

Reactions: KatriceOrtmeier
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Insisting on weight loss aside (and I appreciate you’re newly married, but that’s a massive red flag from a husband), a diet that high in carbohydrates is not a great idea if your doctors tell you that you may be heading for diabetes. Have a look into a low carb, healthy fat way of eating instead, dietdoctor.com is a great site, and many people here have not only lost considerable amounts of weight on it, but eliminated their risk of diabetes too. Win:win!

That's great. Just on that site. Also texting its name to my husband.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If that is you in your avatar, you are a gorgeous looking young lady. If you need to lose weight, and if you want to lose weight, then that is fine. If you don't enjoy vegetarian food, then why eat it? He seems to be trying to manipulate you. Being a carnivore is no more likely to be unhealthy or make you less fit than a vegetarian diet.

Low carb is the best way to tackle potential diabetes and also weight loss. There are no carbs in meat or fish. There are plenty in most vegetables and fruit.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I know it’s possibly a bit facetious, but I hope your husband is at the peak of physical perfection himself to be making such demands on you... just saying.

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Uhh, this makes alarm-bells go off.

And they've just got unbearably loud.
Are you sure you're alright?

I was just saying on a lighter note. :banghead: You guys have just started criticising my husband :depressed: but I came here to get a solid point in the favour of meat diet as compared to the vegetarian diet plan.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I was just saying on a lighter note. :banghead: You guys have just started criticising my husband :depressed: but I came here to get a solid point in the favour of meat diet as compared to the vegetarian diet plan.
I didn't criticize your husband, I stated my worries about you.
As far as meat or vegetarian, you can lose weight with both. On this forum you'll probably find many people who believe in LCHF to lose weight, regardless if doing that with or without meat.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In last 6 months, I got some extra weight. One reason is my marriage and second is no physical activity at the workplace. Now, I have decided to shed off my weight. According to my husband, I should go with a vegetarian diet plan to get quick results, but I don't like veggies. You can also call me a carnivore. Yes, I love meat.

Actually, after two months my husband has a plan to go for vacations with me, but before this journey, he wants to look at me in perfect shape. He has already searched this vegetarian diet plan ( https://www.rightshape.com/vegetarian-weight-loss-plan/ ) for me.

I have argued a lot with him, but he always comes with real facts and researches. Do you guys have any substantial argument in favour of a carnivorous diet? Because eating veggies and having veggies soups is just like a nightmare for me.
this diet is high in carbs. You may lose weight, but if you are a risk of type 2 diabetes, it is not a good idea to have so many carbs.

Scimama

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @KatriceOrtmeier as a lifelong veggie (with lots of fat veggie friends) unless you are going to eat a meal plan full of leafy green veg and stick to low carb; a veggie diet can actually be fattening, because many new veggies eat lots of pasta, rice, noodles etc. which are high carb and easy to eat in excess.

An eating plan will only work if you can stick with it, you need foods you actually like :). I have adhered to a low carb diet for over 8 years by eating foods I enjoy (which includes salads cheese, olives, low carb pancakes :hungry:etc)

As mentioned earlier dietdoctor is a great resource.

Reactions: Pasha and ziggy_w