Metformin not working for me & no alternative!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Chris.
Stress, stress and more stress is baaaaad ! Easy for me to say I know but you have to try and relax. It's probably the only way this might settle down. Things are piling up on you it seems and you need to try and take a few steps back. Like I said give it a little while longer and if no improvement you have to see the Doc. Get something else sorted out that doesn't have the side effects.

I could list all the alternative drugs but each has it's own set of POSSIBLE side effects. That could well start you worrying about them, so I am not going to.

I really hope you can get through all this. Let us know how you get on.

Nobody minds you having a rant and letting us know how you feel. That's what we are all here for. Help and support........ :)

chrissieworne

Thanks Cugila

I do try to be positive, had just had a real howl :oops: and feel a bit of release for it, am at work tomorrow so am going to keep my head down. Only 2 weeks to do, am now going to bed with my hot water bottle :) and see what happens.

Its a real vicious circle...stress, Diabetes etc isn't it!

Thanks again, sorry to be a baby, have been reading some people's posts about amputations and stuff and feel ashamed of myself as they have so much more to deal with than belly ache.

Thank Goodness for this forum, always support and from people who understand.

Bless ya

Chris

gingercat

Hi everyone,

Hi Chrissie, sorry to hear you are still feeling bad. :( I am now on 1gram (2x500mg) of metformin a day now. I think they are putting me up abit each week. I don't seem to suffer any probs as yet! :mrgreen: The thing is that I take so many tabs anyway so even if I was I wouldn't neccessarily know!!
The sad thing is that my HAB1c results came back as 13.7, it was 13.2 before :| and my chloresterol is now over 8, it was 6.8 last time. The nurse is now treating me for a diabetes related wound! They are also talking about insulin now. I am becoming more aware of the role carbohydrates play and so I am watching this now. Also my doctor is talking about statins now!
I took my bg tonight and it registered as HI! My machine registers up to 29..so.. :oops:

chrissieworne

Hi Gingercat
Glad you seem to be getting on okay with the Met. Sounds like you having a rocky ride otherwise though. :(

My tum seems to be settling a bit but I still feel very bloated. :oops:

Went to have my blood test for HBA1C yesterday then have to ring next week for results. DN just checked my first thing BS and tutted as it was 7.5 but I told her it is higher in the mornings. Hadn't eaten as yet as it was an 8.00am appt! :mrgreen:

She nagged about my weight a bit, blood pressure fair at 135/80 (I have been as high as 150/99 in the past!)no meds for that at the mo.

Not checking my cholesterol this time as last time it was 3.2. But is re-checking my Thyroid levels to see if my Thyroxine needs changing.

When I was diagnosed in 2009 my HBAIC was 9.2, last time it was 6.7 after diet only which they seemed happy enough with but started me on the 500mg of Met to try to get it down a bit further. However, I am not looking forward to this result as I feel I may have lost ground, my willpower seems to be losing it!

Anyway, keep your chin up hon. xx :D :D :D :D :D

Chris

chrissieworne

Sorry wanted to add, My cholesterol was 6 at diagnosis and I was put on Simvastatin 40mg a day and touch wood I am one of those people who has had NO PROBS with it. So try not to worry.

Chris