Oppo ice cream

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking whilst going around Tesco today - I wonder if there is anything such as low carb ice-cream - but didin't even bother looking, as I assumed ice-cream would be full of sugar and went to the youghurt section instead - good to know these things exist.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Snap! I’ve tried twice and still waiting
Oppo voucher update! After emailing them, Oppo offered apologies and said they would send out the vouchers. Happily on my birthday :):):) the postie popped 2 envelopes from them through the letter box from different staff.
One had a single voucher in, the other had a handful. So I now have £2 off x 8 vouchers. I am hoping for a long and hot summer to make the most of them. :D

Reactions: Mongolia

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sainsburys are doing an offer on OPPO at £3 a tub. They usually only have it at the bigger supermarkets though, or you can buy it online for delivery.

Screenshot 2018-05-17 at 07.52.57.png

Reactions: Fruitella

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
No Sainsbury in reupblic of Ireland so just have to keep on dribbling water out of my mouth reading all this lol

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I see OPPO has a new variety, Choc Chip Cookie Dough:

Screenshot 2018-05-22 at 07.20.40.png

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
No Oppo in Asda or Morrisons or Tesco - I give up.
They usually have it in the Co-Op, Holland & Barrett, Waitrose and the larger Sainsburys. Sainsburys is cheapest at £4 for a 500ml tub. You can get them to deliver it if there isn't a big Sainsburys near you.

Kittylitter

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They usually have it in the Co-Op, Holland & Barrett, Waitrose and the larger Sainsburys. Sainsburys is cheapest at £4 for a 500ml tub. You can get them to deliver it if there isn't a big Sainsburys near you.
Thank you - Sainsburys here I come.

Reactions: Prem51

timat22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am continually receiving offers by email from oppo in the form of vouchers for money off. I respond but never receive the vouchers.
Anyone else having this problem?

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am continually receiving offers by email from oppo in the form of vouchers for money off. I respond but never receive the vouchers.
Anyone else having this problem?
Yep but I emailed them and received quite a few but only for Sainsburys.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You used to get an email with the voucher attached which you had to print off. I did that a couple of times but when I tried to use them in Waitrose and Co-Op they wouldn't accept them, so I haven't bothered with them since.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is so annoying because my Sainsbury's do not stock Oppo nor do H&B where I live. My T2 husband is an ice cream lover.. I am not... but have never been able to get Oppo or any other low carb ice cream for him. I asked why Sainbury here did not stock it and they said there was not enough demand for it and our local H&B do not do any frozen stuff so can't get it there

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is so annoying because my Sainsbury's do not stock Oppo nor do H&B where I live. My T2 husband is an ice cream lover.. I am not... but have never been able to get Oppo or any other low carb ice cream for him. I asked why Sainbury here did not stock it and they said there was not enough demand for it and our local H&B do not do any frozen stuff so can't get it there

I''ve only tried the Oppo vanilla (I could happily live without icecream in my life) and found it a bit sweet, so haven't pursued others. There are a couple of other brands you might look out for PinkOrchid.

From memory, I think there's Halo Top (which I have seen in our local Tesco), and Breyers, which I have seen, but can't recall where.

As I live in what is affectionately regarded as a no-horse town, perhaps if they're in our supermarkets, they'll be in at least one of yours.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I''ve only tried the Oppo vanilla (I could happily live without icecream in my life) and found it a bit sweet, so haven't pursued others. There are a couple of other brands you might look out for PinkOrchid.

From memory, I think there's Halo Top (which I have seen in our local Tesco), and Breyers, which I have seen, but can't recall where.

As I live in what is affectionately regarded as a no-horse town, perhaps if they're in our supermarkets, they'll be in at least one of yours.
Thanks I will look for other brands in our supermarkets I am a ice cream eater but my husband loves it.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
OPPO ice cream is on offer at £3 at Sainsburys large supermarkets, and probably with their online ordering.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OPPO ice cream is on offer at £3 at Sainsburys large supermarkets, and probably with their online ordering.
Ocado often have in on offer online, but it's not always for single tubs.- last time it was 2 for £6, but now when I've finally made enough space for 2, it's £3.32 each for three of the four flavours - so a bit dearer than Sainsbury. Vanilla is £4.24 with their Smart Pass thingy.

Robbity

timat22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep but I emailed them and received quite a few but only for Sainsburys.

I thought I'd follow your lead and emailed them. Nothing except more offers by email.
If this is their idea of customer service then I for one won't be buying their products again.
Now buy Breyers and Whey Hey

Lally123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is OPPO really that low carb? Maybe I read it wrong but when I looked it up on my fitness pal I'm sure it said 13g per 100g. So I made the (not very difficult!) Decision to buy a tub of lidls salted caramel and praline instead which at 15g per 100g is virtually the same and doesn't have sweeteners! And it tastes like heaven on a plate!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Is OPPO really that low carb? Maybe I read it wrong but when I looked it up on my fitness pal I'm sure it said 13g per 100g. So I made the (not very difficult!) Decision to buy a tub of lidls salted caramel and praline instead which at 15g per 100g is virtually the same and doesn't have sweeteners! And it tastes like heaven on a plate!
I buy the OPPO Colombian Chocolate and Hazelnut ice cream and the nutritional information on the tub says it is 9.9 gms of carbs per 100 gms.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just looked at the salted caramel version which says 6.6 gms carbs per 100ml. Which I'm assuming works out at the same as grammes - I'm willing to be wrong on this as I'm too lazy right now this minute to check with the scales! Plus, it's too early for me for ice cream...

Also notes - new packaging and it's 475mls rather than 500mls as per the old packaging.

Reactions: michmich and Prem51