Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all.
Sugar fairy visited around 2am. Woke upto dexcom alarm sugars at 11.1 and climbing.
Dreary eyed plod downstairs ( can't wait to move into our new bungalow :)) and a correction bolus.
Bolus kicked in and sitting here nice and steady now. Smoothie and coffee for breakfast. All done and dusted, raring to go work:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
You lot take care and have a lovely day.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Awoke at 6am to an exceedingly high 13.6! Why? Your guess is as good as mine. Correction done, breakfast just eaten. Want to be on an even keel as it is In Bloom gardening this morning. Judging in a week and trying desperately to keep our plants alive In this dry weather.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning chaps!

@therower - do you not keep a bolus pen upstairs? I keep a second set of everything by my bed so unless I need the bathroom I don’t have to get out from under my duvet... I’ve got being a lazy mare down to a fine art ;)

Getting very frustrated with the flippin’ sugars just now. Started going up yesterday afternoon and refusing to respond to corrections, ended up going to bed with a 10.6 and two units of NovoSluggish on board, which always makes me worry about night time hypos... not an issue this week, it would seem - my 0430 Alarm saw me at 11.4 :banghead: Took another 3.5u, woke at 0700 on 11.4, which according to my personal early morning sliding scale, meant another 2.5u. So I’ve taken more already today before breakfast than I often take in a normal day :inpain: Anyone got any ideas as to how I can deal with this one resistant week? I upped my Tresiba in advance, so it should have coincided, and once I get the morning high down (5.9 now and falling sommay have to dextrose up a bit) I’m cruising in range until mid/late afternoon, when it goes all to c*ck again. That leaves me high overnight, when I’m too asleep to correct it :(

In other news, my lovely boy Ozzy is 15 today, so I’ll be making a cake before doing some actual work. We’re going for a Mexican this evening, so looks like I have a pretty hectic day!

BF015168-F0DF-425B-B73E-3B0EC8ECDD51.jpeg FDDAB4CD-239F-46AF-AF17-7A7A53E1C2AD.jpeg EABCF132-C5AA-4736-B88A-03E17BBE7313.jpeg EF33FFE9-3BFD-4CB7-87A8-F3D50C31CD7C.jpeg

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, went to bed last night on a 5.6, 7.1 this morning, last few days has been manic at work, over 23k steps and 46 floors both Monday and Tuesday - lunch have been as and when if at all, and I've not had too many issues with BG, should be a quiet day today so I'm happy. Thursday may be a different story and might put a sensor on later.

Happy Birthday Ozzie! (@Mel dCP )

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning y'all :)

11 on waking but a complicated morning so far as I had to go to the ex's at 07.30 (without food) to collect a suitcase (and child) for her first 2 night school trip at 8am, car's still u/s so that was a nice 4 mile round trip on my push bike, had 3u Humalog at 8.05 before I set off home from school and my blood's now 12.3 on one coffee with porridge waiting :p

Ups and downs go around and around.....

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, it was new Freestyle Libre sensor time yesterday evening, so I went to sleep not quite sure what was going on. Woke about 3am with a libre reading too high, so did a fingerprick test, and it was about 13. Now it's sort of ok, but I just did a libre reading and got 4.1, and falling, and a fingerprick test of 6.9. I hate that, I can't bear to ignore a low reading, even the fingerprick test doesn't reassure me.

Anyway, it'll all work out over the course of the day.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having a decent day so far and managed to stay in single figures up to press. Ran a bit higher than I'd like yesterday (but not unreasonably so) mainly because of going to a concert and I was the one driving.

One strange question I encountered during the bag search before we were let in "Do you know what to do with this [insulin] in case you need to use it?" o_O

P.S. Happy Birthday Ozzy!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Afternoon all, woke on a low, 2.9 but sorted that out. Had a busy morning grass cutting, front and back, sweeping floors etc, stripping beds and lunch was a 5.5, so that's okey dokey with me. The sun is out now and I hope you are all are managing to have a wonderful Wednesday.

Happy birthday to your son Ozzy, @Mel dCP
il_340x270.1368673408_eof3.jpg

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Is he named after the Prince of Darkness by any chance? Happy birthday to him, either way. :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mel dCP . I keep all my supplies in the kitchen, never considered using the bathroom. Occasionally if I think I may be in for a unpredictable night then I will take a pen upstairs with me. Problem then is I forget to bring it back down again:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
Happy birthday to Ozzy.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Oz says thank you so much for all the birthday wishes! He’s actually an Oscar, but me being me, shorten it! He said I should share with you a photo of my birthday cake disaster - tastes fantastic apparently, but is a bit lacking in structural integrity...

And I finally got my MiaoMiao, after spending three days arguing with bl**dy Yodel. Dead simple to set up, shame the reading wasn’t so impressive! But... I’ve been able to set alarms when it reaches a certain level, so I might be able to sleep at night and only get woken if it gets too high rather than having to set an alarm at 0430 and hope I’ve got the timing right.

CC322A7E-E1AF-4CB0-9D81-15891BC8D523.jpeg DCD9D95E-3745-41B3-B2B7-77BB615B33B9.jpeg

@therower - do you use disposable pens? Why not keep one upstairs and one downstairs?