Type 2 Cinamon

red1mot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Sawthe tail end of a programme last night Dutch scientist saying this reduces your blood sugar ? anyone tried this thanks

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Been there done that, No it doesn't. I've made a list of all the things that help lower blood sugar below...

Insulin.
Reducing carbs.
Exercise.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nor mine - but it's one of my favourite spices, and I've used it for most of my cooking life, from well before I was ever diabetic. It's actually a blood thinner which might possibly account for reduction in glucose levels?

Robbity

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Whether it is rubbish or not cinnamon is delicious with some berries on yoghurt either as a dessert or for breakfast. Try it. What works for one person does not always work for another.

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My understanding is that it is only Ceylon cinnamon that seems to have a positive effect on blood sugars, which the majority of cinnamon is not! It is a lovely spice to be sure, so enjoy! Cheers/L

ashvxii

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe just because it speeds up your metabolism therefore helping you lose weight...in turn helping to lower blood sugar.

MikeyU

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Other
Rubbish, been taking Ceylon Cinnamon for few months now, I see no difference whatsoever. Same applies to most of the "wonder" supplements...