Dafne Access

cxl0702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are folk finding access to dafne. I was told at Blackpool I should go on one in March in May they said it was doubtful this year in fact they did not know which year. I want to go on it because I want a pump and the course is a tick in the box to get one. You can’t private fund the course or the pump so really left in the pants position on relying on something ie Blackpool that takes my taxes but does not deliver anything of any use.

Am I alone in not getting access?

Really am thinking of moving my gp to come under a hospital that is not in a seaside town but where?

cxl0702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are folk finding access to dafne. I was told at Blackpool I should go on one in March in May they said it was doubtful this year in fact they did not know which year. I want to go on it because I want a pump and the course is a tick in the box to get one. You can’t private fund the course or the pump so really left in the pants position on relying on something ie Blackpool that takes my taxes but does not deliver anything of any use.

Really am thinking of moving my gp to come under a hospital that is not in a seaside town but where?

At first I was under Blackpool I visited once got a load of what I thought was diff info. Luckily I am closer to Preston so went there. It’s a bit awkward getting bloods done I have to request them with the gp in Lytham and pass them to the consultant. I did visit the diabetic clinic and did my course there; the nurse I was with originally was cracking but moved back leads way. The replacement was on the same course as me that ended that relationship. I need people that know more than me. Going on the same course as me and not having diabetes to me equals ignored. Now I am just under the consultant at the hospital and it is a great relationship. When I am having issues I ping the secretary then get a call to talk things through. If it works logistically ask to be moved to Preston Royal. Teaching hospitals suck.

cxl0702

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

LOL I just realised this is 3 years old. LOL