2018/19 Football Season

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
Looks like we have signed another foreign player and we have our sights set on a Spurs player or rather we've been linked to having an interest in him. Croatia winger Ante Rebic though I doubt we'll be able to afford the €30 million price ticket that comes with him. No way will Deano wanna pay that kind of money and I doubt he's got it anyway :D Watch this space I guess. I'm sure we will have more signings coming through our door by the start of the new season and hopefully be a force to be reckoned with. UTT

Reactions: Cumberland

johnboy412000

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Arrogant and ignorant people.
6 weeks tomorrow and the new Premiership season begins. Warm up games start very soon. I know we have a friendly game with FC Bologna in Austria. on 31st July. And also whilst in Austria we take on RB Leipzig on 3rd August then its fly back to UK and begin the workouts in preparation for the visit of Chelsea on 11th August.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok well just to let you know this is johnboy412000 as in the above posting. Its just I've forgotten my log in details and the email I used to set up my account is no longer in use so had to reg a new account. :)

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Sorry, been busy with pre season, off to jock land next week!
New players, New kits, New fixtures and same old problems with getting the right thing in place at the wrong time.
I feel like I actually haven't had a rest since Wembley! I have, but it now seems that I haven't been away from work!

Interesting fixtures for us for our return to the league, might be able to visit some of the posters clubs.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friendlies next week. We travel to Accrington. Should polish that lot off I hope. UTT. Hard to believe the new season is just 5 weeks away now.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry, been busy with pre season, off to jock land next week!
New players, New kits, New fixtures and same old problems with getting the right thing in place at the wrong time.
I feel like I actually haven't had a rest since Wembley! I have, but it now seems that I haven't been away from work!

Interesting fixtures for us for our return to the league, might be able to visit some of the posters clubs.

Hope its a good season for us all. Tranmere and Carlisle to get promoted to league 1. Town and the Saints to survive for another season in the Prem. I rather think we will be stronger this time with the new players we have bought and steer well clear of the turmoil. Don't want to be pulling off another great escape next April fun though it might be :D Its not really an ideal position to have to be in.

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Town travelled to Bury last night and came away with a 0-4 win. Next stop Accrington Stanley on Saturday afternoon. UTT

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mark Hughes is busy spending money; I just hope he's doing so to good effect, 'cos he's got previous. Mind you, new signings aren't really the manager's responsibility at St Mary's. Sad to see Dusan Tadic going (to Ajax) he's always been a loyal Saint and the fans have always liked him - but that's football; particularly nowadays. Adios, amigo :(

Reactions: Johnboy412 and zand

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Mark Hughes is busy spending money; I just hope he's doing so to good effect, 'cos he's got previous. Mind you, new signings aren't really the manager's responsibility at St Mary's. Sad to see Dusan Tadic going (to Ajax) he's always been a loyal Saint and the fans have always liked him - but that's football; particularly nowadays. Adios, amigo :(

Hughes will only keep you in a relegation battle I don’t rate him at all sorry

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with you, sadly :(. We're going to the first match of the season (Burnley) at St Mary's. Traditionally Saints never win the first match but if they can't beat Burnley it will, I fear, lay down a marker for the season. Like last year, I don't have a great feeling about the upcoming season but we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: Johnboy412

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Huddersfield Town have signed Germany international Erik Durm from Borussia Dortmund for an undisclosed fee.

The 2014 World Cup winner has signed a one-year deal at the John Smith’s Stadium, with the club having the option of a further year.

The 26-year-old defender began his career at Mainz 05 before joining Dortmund in 2012.

There he played under then-second team boss David Wagner before making the step up to Jurgen Klopp’s first team after just a year.

Ha Ha I thought Klopp would be involved somewhere along the line.:D He must be good player I hope he proves his worth. I cant for the life understand why they sign a player for an undisclosed sum wonder why they can tell us what they paid. Surely the fans deserve to know. Ah well as along as he proves his worth I guess that's all that will matter. Just 4 weeks to go and we shall see how good these new players are. The Chelsea game will certainly test them as will the Man City one the week after. UTT

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree with you, sadly :(. We're going to the first match of the season (Burnley) at St Mary's. Traditionally Saints never win the first match but if they can't beat Burnley it will, I fear, lay down a marker for the season. Like last year, I don't have a great feeling about the upcoming season but we'll have to wait and see.

No negativity think positive if you have bought some new players like we have then you're in with a good chance. Just hope we both finish well above that drop zone and that'll do eh. 4 weeks today and we're off and running.

Reactions: jay hay-char

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Accistan for our lot today hopefully we knock em for 3 or 4. Having said that they are a good team so who knows. UTT

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We lost 3-0. Good job it was only a friendly. No excuse though we should beat lower teams. Not sure where the next game will be. I know we have 2 games in Austria at the end of this month.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
In the middle of seven pre season mayhem matches.
It's not fun!
Warrington Tuesday night,
We just got beat by Wigan 1-2 yesterday.
I'm in work six days a week! (Ho hum!)

Hope everyone is enjoying the pre season as much as me!

15th September, book that one off @Cumberland.
Looking forward to visiting your neck of the woods. Winter wear packed already (ha!)

Johnboy412

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the middle of seven pre season mayhem matches.
It's not fun!
Warrington Tuesday night,
We just got beat by Wigan 1-2 yesterday.
I'm in work six days a week! (Ho hum!)

Hope everyone is enjoying the pre season as much as me!

15th September, book that one off @Cumberland.
Looking forward to visiting your neck of the woods. Winter wear packed already (ha!)

Pre season warm ups never are fun lol. It all helps to bring the season start a bit closer.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going to see 2 of my teams play each other tomorrow...FGR V Leeds. My son asked if I would like to go :)

Reactions: Johnboy412