Freestyle libre rock tape

michtiss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Has anyone found a punch to go through rocktape? I have bought rocktape to secure my freestyle libre sensors, but want to cut a circle in it with a punch. I can't find one that's cuts rocktape though. I don't want to buy precut ones from zuckersmuck etc as it becomes costly replacing it every week. I want to do it myself. Any decisions be good thanks.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has anyone found a punch to go through rocktape? I have bought rocktape to secure my freestyle libre sensors, but want to cut a circle in it with a punch. I can't find one that's cuts rocktape though. I don't want to buy precut ones from zuckersmuck etc as it becomes costly replacing it every week. I want to do it myself. Any decisions be good thanks.
Could you cut round a £2 coin with a Stanley knife?

I don't have a Libre sensor to hand, but if a £2 coin is too small, you may find that the lid from a bottle of milk, juice, etc may be just the right size?

eventhorizon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do you want to cut around it? I stick the tape right over the top.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why do you want to cut around it? I stick the tape right over the top.
You'd ultimately end up with a better seal against your skin if there's an opening on the tape for the sensor to pop through.

michtiss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The rep said to make sure you don't stick the tape over the sensor. when you pull the tape off, the sensor will come off too. The tape lasts about a week before it begins to peel off. I am only on my 2nd sensors, but in summer, I want it to look nice when is is on show.

michtiss

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Could you cut round a £2 coin with a Stanley knife?

I don't have a Libre sensor to hand, but if a £2 coin is too small, you may find that the lid from a bottle of milk, juice, etc may be just the right size?
Thanks, didn't think of that!!

izzyj09

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey ! I put rock tape right over my libre and it never peels of with it, you just hold onto your libre when the last bit comes of and then it stays on a ok :) I only get a reaction to it when I go swimming and leave that piece of tape on for 4/5 days afterwards, probably the chlorine more than the tape to be honest :)

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Great thanks. I have ordered a libre but usually react to plaster so experimenting with options before it arrives.

Paula*123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone, Ive just got my Libre and the 1st one i put on came off 6 hours later after a bootcamp session, this rock tape is it sticky enough to stay for about a week then remove the tape? i did see about about cutting a hole around the sensor does this work when peeling the tape off to replace. I do sweat alot when training and train 6 times a week. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks :)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Paula*123 . Rock tape is good.
Prior to attaching your libre are you shaving the area? Everybody has a slight covering of hair, even when we can't see it. Removing this hair fuzz will help with adhesion.
Skin tac applied prior to fitting libre is also a good idea, probably even a must if you're going to exercise a lot.
Google search for libre patches will offer up some good options to contemplate.
Not a libre user myself, I use Dexcom bit principles are the same. I train 6 days a week and sensors are still in place after 3 weeks.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Well, you learn something every day.
Never heard of Rock Tape before and it took my a while to find a description of what it was designed for.
The pre-cut tape for sensors look very expensive for what they are.
You could look for a hole punch (as used for putting eyelets in tarpaulins) which normally punch quite a large hole. Assuming that the standard hole punch doesn't punch a big enough hole.

D

Deleted member 308541

Has anyone found a punch to go through rocktape?
Get a leather punch similar to this one.

economy-rotary-punch-3220-00.jpg